(10-16, 2-13 away)
Western Carolina 57
(10-15, 6-4 home)
Venue: Ramsey Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 11, 2013
||S Collins 20
||L Skinner 10
||I Faithfull 4
||T Sumler 26
||T Sumler 8
||B Boggs 2
Wofford lost by a slim margin to Western Carolina 57-56 in conference play on Monday, February 11th. Spencer Collins put up a team-high 20 points plus four rebounds in a losing effort. Karl Cochran scored 19 points and added three rebounds. For the Catamounts, Trey Sumler finished with a game-high 26 points and eight rebounds. Wofford (10-16, 4-9 SoCon) heads to Samford (8-16, 6-5 SoCon) on Thursday, February 14th.
Wofford Game Notes
- Wofford beat the spread by 2.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Terriers have beaten the spread.
- The Terriers have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Wofford is 26-27 in close games.
- Wofford has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-6) after recording eight or fewer assists.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 35.3 percent or better this season, Wofford has lost 89 percent of the time (1-8).
- When the opposition records six or more three-pointers this season, Wofford has lost 80 percent of the time (2-8).
- When the opposition records nine or more steals this season, Wofford has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- Spencer Collins accounted for 35.7 percent of the team's points.
- Lee Skinner accounted for 38.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Spencer Collins has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 26 games this season.
- Lee Skinner has led the team in rebounding in 20 out of 26 games this season.
- Lee Skinner recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Karl Cochran has five straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Spencer Collins's career.
- Spencer Collins has five straight double-digit point games.
Western Carolina Game Notes
- The Catamounts won this one, but have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Western Carolina is 26-28 in close games.
- Trey Sumler accounted for 45.6 percent of the team's points.
- Trey Sumler has led the team in scoring 16 times and in rebounding five times in 25 games this season.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Trey Sumler's career.
- Trey Sumler has four straight double-digit point games.
- Trey Sumler set a career high with nine field goals made.