(18) Marquette 55
(17-6, 4-5 away)
(15) Georgetown 63
(18-4, 15-2 home)
Venue: Verizon Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 11, 2013
||J Wilson 13
||V Blue 5
||J Cadougan 5
||O Porter 21
||M Hopkins 9
||N Lubick 4
On Monday, February 11th, No. 18 Marquette took on No. 15 Georgetown and was defeated by the Hoyas 63-55 in conference play. The Golden Eagles go to 1-3 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the loss. The Golden Eagles got a team-high 13 points and four rebounds from Jamil Wilson. Junior Cadougan had four points and added five rebounds (5 Ast 3 Stl). For the Hoyas, Otto Porter finished with a game-high 21 points and seven rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). Marquette (17-6, 8-3 Big East) gets 16th-ranked Pittsburgh (19-5, 7-4 Big East) on their home court on Saturday, February 16th.
Marquette Game Notes
- Marquette started 17-6 during the 2007 and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- Prior to this game, Marquette played 55 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 20-35.
- Marquette has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording 10 or fewer assists.
- The top two scorers (Jamil Wilson and Chris Otule) accounted for 43.6 percent of the points.
- Jamil Wilson has led the team in scoring in five out of 23 games this season.
- Junior Cadougan has led the team in rebounding in three out of 23 games this season.
- Jamil Wilson has three straight double-digit point games.
- Jamil Wilson had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Juan Anderson.
Georgetown Game Notes
- Nate Lubick recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 13.
- Otto Porter accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Mikael Hopkins and Otto Porter) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Otto Porter has led the team in scoring 13 times in 22 games this season.
- Markel Starks has five straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Otto Porter's career.
- Otto Porter has nine straight double-digit point games.
|-||S. Taylor Jr.||3||2||2||0||0||0||1|