(18) Marquette 55
(17-6, 4-5 away)
(15) Georgetown 63
(18-4, 15-2 home)
Venue: Verizon Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 11, 2013
||J Wilson 13
||V Blue 5
||J Cadougan 5
||O Porter 21
||M Hopkins 9
||N Lubick 4
On Monday, February 11th, No. 15 Georgetown got a major victory against No. 18 Marquette 63-55 in conference action. The Hoyas now have a record of 4-1 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Hoyas were led by Otto Porter, who put up a game-high 21 points plus seven rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). Markel Starks also had a solid outing, scoring 16 points and adding four rebounds. For the Golden Eagles, Jamil Wilson got a team-high 13 points and four rebounds. This makes three wins in a row for the Hoyas. Georgetown (18-4, 8-3 Big East) gets Cincinnati (18-5, 6-4 Big East) on the road on Friday, February 15th.
Georgetown Game Notes
- The last time GTOWN started the season 18-4 was 2011.
- The win over Marquette extended the Georgetown winning streak to six games.
- GTOWN beat the spread by 3.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Hoyas have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, GTOWN played 51 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 26-25.
- The Hoyas have won 90 percent of the time this season (9-1) after recording eight or more steals.
- GTOWN has won every game this season (13-0) when opponents record 11 or fewer free throws made.
- GTOWN has won 86 percent of the time this season (12-2) after holding an opponent to under 30.8 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Georgetown has won 100 percent of the time (8-0) when Nate Lubick has 10 points or more, 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Markel Starks plays 38 minutes or more, and 82 percent of the time (9-2) when Otto Porter has six field goals made or more.
- The Hoyas have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past nine games.
- Nate Lubick recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 13.
- Otto Porter accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Mikael Hopkins and Otto Porter) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Otto Porter has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 22 games this season.
- Markel Starks has five straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Otto Porter's career.
- Otto Porter has nine straight double-digit point games.
Marquette Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jamil Wilson and Chris Otule) accounted for 43.6 percent of the points.
- Jamil Wilson has led the team in scoring five times in 23 games this season.
- Junior Cadougan has led the team in rebounding three times in 23 games this season.
- Jamil Wilson has three straight double-digit point games.
- Jamil Wilson set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Juan Anderson.
|-||S. Taylor Jr.||3||2||2||0||0||0||1|