Idaho State vs. Weber State: Full Game Preview
|Idaho State||M Morgan 11.8||A Hatchett 4.0||T Sanchez 3.5|
|Weber State||D Berry 14.6||J Bolomboy 8.2||D Berry 3.4|
On Monday, Weber State hosts Idaho State at Dee Events Center. It gets started at 9 p.m. EST and you can catch it on Altitude. The Wildcats beat the Bengals 70-54 on Jan. 14 and are 8-1 against them over the last four years.
Weber State is in second place in the conference, Idaho State is in 10th place.
In their last matchup on Feb. 9, Davion Berry put up 21 points and 6 rebounds as the Wildcats ran it up on Southern Utah 75-58. He leads the team in points with 14.6 per game, assists with 3.4 per game, and steals with 1.2 per game. For the Bengals, Tomas Sanchez finished with 19 points and 5 assists in the 81-79 loss to Southern Utah on Feb. 7. With 3.5 assists per game and 1.3 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Weber State has a statistical advantage over Idaho State in three key categories. The Wildcats have the upper hand over the Bengals in scoring, 77 points per game to 54 points per game. In addition, Weber State has an advantage in rebounding, 36 per game to 27 per game. Finally, the Wildcats have the upper hand in field goal percentage as well, 50 percent to 39 percent.
Idaho State StatSmack
- Weber State does a better job contesting shots (38.6 percent allowed vs. 44.7 percent allowed) than Idaho State this season.
- Weber State has come back to win after being down at half against Idaho State three times since 2005.
- Weber State has been the favorite 10 out of the last 11 times.
- Weber State is better at defending the three (26.8 percent allowed vs. 38.1 percent allowed) than Idaho State this season.
- The Weber State rebounding leader (Joel Bolomboy, 172 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Idaho State rebounding leader (Neveij Walters, 83 rebounds).
- Weber State has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last five years (68.0 percent to 29.6 percent).
- Weber State is better under pressure, and has defeated Idaho State in six out of the last 11 games decided by five points or fewer.
- Weber State is a better three-point shooting team (42.5 percent vs. 30.1 percent) than Idaho State this season.
- Weber State allows fewer rebounds (31.0 allowed per game vs. 34.9 allowed per game) than Idaho State this season.
- That must sting. Weber State has blown out Idaho State by 20 points or more on six occasions since 1997.
- Weber State players are more experienced than Idaho State players (11,305 minutes played vs. 8,637 minutes played).