(11-13, 3-8 away)
(14-11, 12-2 home)
Venue: Ford Center
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, February 10, 2013
||B Simons 27
||J Clarke 14
||R Carter 7
||C Ryan 33
||T Taylor 10
||N Cox 6
Drake forced only seven turnovers and dropped one to Evansville 84-78 in overtime on Sunday, February 10th. The Bulldogs now have a record of 1-1 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Ben Simons had an impressive game for the Bulldogs and got a season-high 27 points, sinking 5 of 7 from three-point range. Richard Carter also had a solid outing, scoring 13 points and adding seven assists. For the Aces, Colt Ryan got a season-high 33 points and four rebounds (7 Stl 4 Ast). This makes three losses in a row for the Bulldogs. Drake (11-13, 5-8 The Valley) gets Wichita State (20-5, 9-4 The Valley) on the road on Wednesday, February 13th.
Drake Game Notes
- Drake started 11-13 during the 2009, 2005, 2003, and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- Drake beat the spread by two points. That makes the 11th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- Drake has played in three overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Bulldogs have played in 10 overtime games with a record of 4-6.
- The Bulldogs have been unlucky three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Drake is 27-26 in close games.
- Drake has lost 80 percent of the time this season (2-8) after recording 14 or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition records 84 or more total points this season, Drake has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records 12 or more steals this season, Drake has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 36.8 percent or better this season, Drake has lost 89 percent of the time (1-8).
- The Bulldogs have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past six games.
- Drake has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the third loss of the season where the Bulldogs opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Ben Simons recorded a team season high in points with 27.
- Ben Simons accounted for 34.6 percent of the team's points.
- Jordan Clarke accounted for 35.8 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Ben Simons has led the team in scoring in eight out of 24 games this season.
- Jordan Clarke has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 24 games this season.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Ben Simons's career.
- Ben Simons has three straight double-digit point games.
- Richard Carter has three straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan Clarke recorded the 20th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jordan Clarke has four straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan Clarke recorded a double-double. It was his seventh this season and 11th of his career.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Seth VanDeest.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Joey King.
Evansville Game Notes
- The Aces won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Evansville is 28-27 in close games.
- Colt Ryan recorded a team season high in points with 33 and steals with seven.
- Colt Ryan accounted for 39.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Troy Taylor and Egidijus Mockevicius) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Colt Ryan has led the team in scoring 16 times in 25 games this season.
- Troy Taylor has led the team in rebounding 17 times in 25 games this season.
- This marks the 46th 20-point game of Colt Ryan's career.
- Colt Ryan has four straight 20+ point games.
- Colt Ryan set a career high with seven steals.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Ned Cox's career.
- Ned Cox has three straight double-digit point games.
- Troy Taylor recorded the 14th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Troy Taylor recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and seventh of his career.
|C||Gary Ricks Jr.||28||6||4||2||0||0||2|