(4) Duke 62
(21-2, 5-2 away)
Boston College 61
(10-13, 8-8 home)
Venue: Silvio O. Conte Forum
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, February 10, 2013
||M Plumlee 19
||M Plumlee 10
||S Curry 3
||O Hanlan 20
||R Anderson 6
||J Rahon 3
On Sunday, February 10th, Boston College took on No. 4 Duke and dropped a close one to the Blue Devils 62-61 in conference play. With the loss, the Eagles remain winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-4 for the season. The Eagles were paced by Ryan Anderson, who put up 17 points and six rebounds. Olivier Hanlan had a game-high 20 points and added four rebounds. Mason Plumlee recorded a double-double for the Blue Devils with a team-high 19 points and 10 rebounds. Next up for Boston College (10-13, 2-8 ACC) is Wake Forest (11-12, 4-7 ACC) on Wednesday, February 13th at home.
Boston College Game Notes
- BC beat the spread by 10.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Eagles have beaten the spread.
- The Eagles have been unlucky seven times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Boston College is 34-27 in close games.
- Prior to this game, BC played 26 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 5-21.
- Boston College has lost 83 percent of the time this season (1-5) after recording 28 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 12 or more assists this season, Boston College has lost 75 percent of the time (3-9).
- The Eagles set a season high for steals (11).
- BC set season lows for blocks (zero) and three-pointers (two).
- The Eagles have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--BC has a 2.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Olivier Hanlan accounted for 32.7 percent of the team's points.
- Olivier Hanlan has led the team in scoring in seven out of 23 games this season.
- Ryan Anderson has led the team in rebounding in 18 out of 23 games this season.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Olivier Hanlan's career.
- Ryan Anderson has 14 straight double-digit point games.
Duke Game Notes
- Mason Plumlee accounted for 30.6 percent of the team's points.
- Mason Plumlee accounted for 35.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Mason Plumlee has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 21 times in 23 games this season.
- Mason Plumlee recorded the 44th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Mason Plumlee recorded a double-double. It was his 13th this season and 31st of his career.
- Seth Curry has five straight double-digit point games.
|C-||Andrew Van Nest||11||2||3||0||0||0||2|