Northern Iowa 68
(14-11, 3-8 away)
(14-11, 11-4 home)
Venue: Carver Arena
3:00PM ET / 12:00PM PT, February 10, 2013
||M Sonnen 15
||S Tuttle 7
||D Mitchell 5
||D Simms-Edwards 32
||W Lemon Jr. 9
||W Lemon Jr. 3
Bradley lost a close one to Northern Iowa 68-65 in conference play on Sunday, February 10th. Bradley fell way behind at halftime, 37-18, but was able to comeback in the second half and make it close. The Braves remain winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-3 for the season. The Braves got a good effort from Dyricus Simms-Edwards, who put up a career-high 32 points, with 15 coming from three-point range. Walt Lemon Jr. also had a strong outing, scoring 18 points and adding nine rebounds. Jake Koch finished with 14 points and seven rebounds for the Panthers. This makes three losses in a row for the Braves. Bradley (13-11, 5-7 The Valley) gets Illinois State (15-10, 6-7 The Valley) on the road on Wednesday, February 13th.
Bradley Game Notes
- Bradley started 14-11 during the 2007 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- The Braves have been unlucky three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Bradley is 26-30 in close games.
- Bradley has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording six or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition records 11 or more three-pointers this season, Bradley has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- BU set a season low for assists (seven).
- Bradley has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--BU has a 8.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Dyricus Simms-Edwards recorded a team season high in points with 32, field goals made with 12, three-pointers with five, field goals attempted with 20, and three pointers attempted with nine.
- Walt Lemon Jr. tallied a team season high in defensive rebounds with nine.
- Dyricus Simms-Edwards accounted for 49.2 percent of the team's points.
- Walt Lemon Jr. accounted for 31.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Dyricus Simms-Edwards has led the team in scoring in seven out of 25 games this season.
- Walt Lemon Jr. has eight straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Walt Lemon Jr..
- Walt Lemon Jr. had career highs with nine rebounds and nine defensive rebounds.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Dyricus Simms-Edwards's career.
- Dyricus Simms-Edwards has four straight double-digit point games.
- Dyricus Simms-Edwards had career highs with 32 points and 12 field goals made.
Northern Iowa Game Notes
- The Panthers won this one, but have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Northern Iowa is 36-27 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Marc Sonnen and Matt Bohannon) accounted for 42.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jake Koch and Seth Tuttle) accounted for 46.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Marc Sonnen has led the team in scoring seven times in 25 games this season.
- Jake Koch has led the team in rebounding nine times in 25 games this season.
- Anthony James has three straight double-digit point games.
|A||Walt Lemon Jr.||40||18||9||3||2||0||6|