Northern Iowa squared off with Bradley on Sunday, February 10th and nipped the Braves 68-65 in conference action. Northern Iowa was up 37-18 at the half, but Bradley made a run in the second half and got close. With the win, the Panthers improve to 1-4 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Jake Koch had an impressive game for the Panthers and put up 14 points plus seven rebounds. Anthony James had 10 points and added three rebounds. For the Braves, Dyricus Simms-Edwards got a career-high 32 points, including 5-of-9 shooting from three-point range. Northern Iowa (14-11, 7-6 The Valley) hosts 16th-ranked Creighton (20-5, 9-4 The Valley) on Wednesday, February 13th.
Northern Iowa Game Notes
- The win over Bradley extended the Northern Iowa winning streak to three games.
- The Panthers have won four close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Northern Iowa is 36-27 in close games.
- The Panthers have won every game this season (7-0) after recording 17 or more free throws made.
- Northern Iowa has won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) when its three-point percentage has been 42.3 percent or better.
- UNI has won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) when opponents record six or fewer free throws made.
- This season Northern Iowa has won 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Jake Koch has 14 points or more, 73 percent of the time (8-3) when Marc Sonnen has three three-pointers or more, and 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Deon Mitchell has five assists or more.
- The Panthers have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past seven games.
- The top two scorers (Marc Sonnen and Matt Bohannon) accounted for 42.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jake Koch and Seth Tuttle) accounted for 46.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Marc Sonnen has led the team in scoring in seven out of 25 games this season.
- Jake Koch has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 25 games this season.
- Anthony James has three straight double-digit point games.
Bradley Game Notes
- The Braves have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Bradley is 26-30 in close games.
- Dyricus Simms-Edwards recorded a team season high in points with 32, field goals made with 12, three-pointers with five, field goals attempted with 20, and three pointers attempted with nine.
- Walt Lemon Jr. tallied a team season high in defensive rebounds with nine.
- Dyricus Simms-Edwards accounted for 49.2 percent of the team's points.
- Walt Lemon Jr. accounted for 31.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Dyricus Simms-Edwards has led the team in scoring seven times in 25 games this season.
- Walt Lemon Jr. has eight straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Walt Lemon Jr..
- Walt Lemon Jr. set career highs with nine rebounds and nine defensive rebounds.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Dyricus Simms-Edwards's career.
- Dyricus Simms-Edwards has four straight double-digit point games.
- Dyricus Simms-Edwards set career highs with 32 points and 12 field goals made.