|Illinois-Chicago||G Talton 23||J Crittle 12||G Talton 9|
|Youngstown State||K Perry 29||B Allen 9||K Perry 5|
On Sunday, February 10th, UIC got a victory on the road against Youngstown State 88-83 in triple overtime. With a record of 2-0, the Flames remain undefeated against Youngstown State this season. Gary Talton had a big game for the Flames and put up a team-high 23 points and nine assists. Daniel Barnes had 20 points and added seven rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast). Kendrick Perry got a game-high 29 points and six rebounds for the Penguins. UIC (15-10, 6-6 Horizon) gets Loyola (Chicago) (13-11, 3-8 Horizon) on the road on Saturday, February 16th.
UIC Game Notes
- UIC beat the spread by 11.5 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Flames have beaten the spread.
- UIC has played in one overtime game this season. Over the last five seasons, the Flames have played in eight overtime games with a record of 4-4.
- The Flames have won five close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, UIC is 21-32 in close games.
- The Flames have won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) after recording eight or more three-pointers.
- UIC has won every game this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 32.9 percent field goal percentage.
- This season UIC has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Josh Crittle has six field goals made or more and 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Daniel Barnes has seven rebounds or more.
- The Flames set season highs for field goals made (30), rebounds (54), and total points (88).
- The last time UIC recorded at least 54 rebounds was Jan 27, 2007 against Cleveland State.
- UIC has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past four games.
- This is the fourth win of the season where the Flames came back after being down at halftime.
- Gary Talton recorded a team season high in assists with nine.
- The top two scorers (Gary Talton and Daniel Barnes) accounted for 48.8 percent of the points.
- Gary Talton has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 25 games this season.
- Josh Crittle has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 25 games this season.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Gary Talton's career.
- Gary Talton had career highs with seven field goals made, seven defensive rebounds, and nine assists.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Daniel Barnes's career.
- Daniel Barnes has three straight double-digit point games.
- Josh Crittle recorded the second double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Josh Crittle has five straight double-digit point games.
- Josh Crittle recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
- Josh Crittle had career highs with 18 points and 12 rebounds.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Hayden Humes.
Youngstown State Game Notes
- The Penguins have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Youngstown State is 22-33 in close games.
- Blake Allen recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 14.
- Kendrick Perry accounted for 34.9 percent of the team's points.
- Kendrick Perry has led the team in scoring 14 times in 25 games this season.
- Blake Allen has led the team in rebounding four times in 25 games this season.
- Blake Allen has three straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Kendrick Perry's career.
- Damian Eargle set a career high with four steals.
- Kamren Belin has eight straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Kamren Belin.
|C-||S. Amiker Jr.||14||2||3||0||0||0||1|