Niagara faced off with Canisius on Sunday, February 10th and lost on their home court to the Golden Griffins 77-70 in conference play. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. The Purple Eagles got a good effort from Juan`ya Green, who got a team-high 21 points and five rebounds. T.J. Cline also had a decent outing, scoring 12 points and adding two rebounds. For the Golden Griffins, Billy Baron got a career-high 33 points and four rebounds. This makes three losses in a row for the Purple Eagles. Next up for Niagara (14-11, 10-4 MAAC) is Marist (7-18, 4-10 MAAC) on Friday, February 15th on the road.
Niagara Game Notes
- Niagara started 14-11 during the 2006, 2002, 2000, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- The Purple Eagles have lost 78 percent of the time this season (2-7) after having a field goal percentage of 38.7 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 77 or more total points this season, Niagara has lost 80 percent of the time (2-8).
- When the opposition records 38 or more rebounds this season, Niagara has lost 75 percent of the time (3-9).
- Niagara has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--NU has a 6.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Juan`ya Green and Devon White) accounted for 47.1 percent of the points.
- Juan`ya Green has led the team in scoring in seven out of 25 games this season.
- Devon White has led the team in rebounding in three out of 25 games this season.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of Juan`ya Green's career.
- Ameen Tanksley has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Malcolm Lemmons.
Canisius Game Notes
- Billy Baron recorded a team season high in points with 33, field goals made with 11, and field goals attempted with 22.
- Billy Baron accounted for 42.8 percent of the team's points.
- Jordan Heath accounted for 31.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Billy Baron has led the team in scoring 12 times in 25 games this season.
- Jordan Heath has led the team in rebounding nine times in 25 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Billy Baron's career.
- Billy Baron has four straight double-digit point games.
- Billy Baron set career highs with 33 points and 11 field goals made.
- Jordan Heath recorded the third double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Chris Manhertz.
- Chris Manhertz set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.