(12-10, 2-6 away)
South Carolina 61
(12-11, 9-6 home)
Venue: Colonial Life Arena
1:00PM ET / 10:00AM PT, February 10, 2013
||J Stokes 20
||J Stokes 10
||J Richardson 5
||M Carrera 18
||M Carrera 11
||B Ellington 5
South Carolina lost in front of the home crowd against Tennessee 66-61 in conference play on Sunday, February 10th. Michael Carrera picked up a double-double for the Gamecocks with a team-high 18 points and 11 rebounds. Brian Richardson scored 17 points and added five rebounds. Jarnell Stokes registered a double-double for the Volunteers with a game-high 20 points and 10 rebounds. South Carolina (12-11, 2-8 SEC) gets LSU (13-8, 4-6 SEC) on their home court on Thursday, February 14th.
South Carolina Game Notes
- The last time USC started the season 12-11 was 2006.
- The Gamecocks have been unlucky three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, South Carolina is 29-26 in close games.
- South Carolina has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-8) after recording 61 or fewer total points.
- The Gamecocks have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-10) after having a field goal percentage of 39.2 percent or worse.
- South Carolina has lost 75 percent of the time this season (2-6) after committing 13 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 27 or more free throws made this season, South Carolina has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records six or more blocks this season, South Carolina has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- South Carolina has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--USC has a 4.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Michael Carrera and Brian Richardson) accounted for 57.3 percent of the points.
- Michael Carrera accounted for 36.6 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Michael Carrera has led the team in scoring seven times and in rebounding 8 times in 23 games this season.
- Michael Carrera recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Michael Carrera has four straight double-digit point games.
- Michael Carrera recorded a double-double. It was the fourth of his career.
Tennessee Game Notes
- The Volunteers won this one, but have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Tennessee is 37-26 in close games.
- Jarnell Stokes recorded a team season high in blocks with four.
- Jarnell Stokes accounted for 30.3 percent of the team's points.
- Jarnell Stokes accounted for 31.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jarnell Stokes has led the team in scoring eight times and in rebounding 12 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Jarnell Stokes's career.
- Jarnell Stokes has five straight double-digit point games.
- Jarnell Stokes recorded a double-double. It was his ninth this season and 11th of his career.
- Josh Richardson set a career high with five assists.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Quinton Chievous.