(12-10, 2-6 away)
South Carolina 61
(12-11, 9-6 home)
Venue: Colonial Life Arena
1:00PM ET / 10:00AM PT, February 10, 2013
||J Stokes 20
||J Stokes 10
||J Richardson 5
||M Carrera 18
||M Carrera 11
||B Ellington 5
Tennessee squared off with South Carolina on Sunday, February 10th and got a victory on the road against the Gamecocks 66-61 in conference action. Jarnell Stokes earned a double-double in the win with a game-high 20 points and 10 rebounds. Josh Richardson had seven points and added five rebounds. Michael Carrera registered a double-double for the Gamecocks on a team-high 18 points and 11 rebounds. Next up for Tennessee (13-10, 4-6 SEC) is Vanderbilt (9-13, 3-7 SEC) on Wednesday, February 13th on the road.
Tennessee Game Notes
- The last time Tennessee started the season 12-10 was 2001.
- Tennessee beat the spread by 3.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Volunteers have beaten the spread.
- The Volunteers have won four close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Tennessee is 37-26 in close games.
- The Volunteers have won 82 percent of the time this season (9-2) after recording 66 or more total points.
- Tennessee has won 80 percent of the time this season (8-2) when opponents record 61 or fewer total points.
- This season Tennessee has won 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Trae Golden has 16 points or more, 89 percent of the time (8-1) when Jarnell Stokes has six field goals made or more, and 75 percent of the time (9-3) when Josh Richardson has five rebounds or more.
- The Volunteers set a season high for steals (seven).
- The Volunteers have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past seven games.
- Jarnell Stokes recorded a team season high in blocks with four.
- Jarnell Stokes accounted for 30.3 percent of the team's points.
- Jarnell Stokes accounted for 31.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jarnell Stokes has led the team in scoring eight times and in rebounding 12 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Jarnell Stokes's career.
- Jarnell Stokes has five straight double-digit point games.
- Jarnell Stokes recorded a double-double. It was his ninth this season and 11th of his career.
- Josh Richardson had a career high with five assists.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Quinton Chievous.
South Carolina Game Notes
- The Gamecocks have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, South Carolina is 29-26 in close games.
- This loss extended the Gamecocks losing streak to four games.
- The top two scorers (Michael Carrera and Brian Richardson) accounted for 57.3 percent of the points.
- Michael Carrera accounted for 36.6 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Michael Carrera has led the team in scoring seven times and in rebounding eight times in 23 games this season.
- Michael Carrera recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Michael Carrera has four straight double-digit point games.
- Michael Carrera recorded a double-double. It was the fourth of his career.