St. Francis (NY) 75
(9-14, 5-9 away)
Long Island 83
(13-11, 8-4 home)
Venue: Barclays Center
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, February 10, 2013
|St. Francis (NY)
|St. Francis (NY)
||A Johnson 22
||A Johnson 6
||B Jones 3
||J Olasewere 20
||E Reed 5
||J Brickman 9
On Sunday, February 10th, Long Island outscored St. Francis (NY) 27-6 from behind the three-point line and came out on top against the Terriers 83-75 in NEC play. With a record of 2-0, the Blackbirds remain undefeated against St. Francis (NY) this season. The Blackbirds were led by Jason Brickman, who got 14 points plus nine assists. C.J. Garner had 17 points and added four rebounds. For the Terriers, PJ Santavenere finished with a career-high 16 points and two rebounds. This makes three wins in a row for the Blackbirds. Next up for Long Island (13-11, 8-4 NEC) is Monmouth (8-16, 3-8 NEC) on Thursday, February 14th on the road.
Long Island Game Notes
- Long Island has won every game this season (6-0) when its field goal percentage has been 50.0 percent or better.
- The Blackbirds have won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after recording 83 or more total points.
- LIU has won every game this season (7-0) when opponents record 27 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Long Island has won 83 percent of the time (5-1) when C.J. Garner has 17 points or more and 80 percent of the time (4-1) when E.J. Reed has five free throws made or more.
- LIU set a season low for blocks (zero).
- The Blackbirds have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past nine games.
- Long Island has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past seven games.
- The top two scorers (Jamal Olasewere and C.J. Garner) accounted for 44.5 percent of the points.
- Jamal Olasewere has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 24 games this season.
- This marks the 20th 20-point game of Jamal Olasewere's career.
- Jamal Olasewere has 10 straight double-digit point games.
St. Francis (NY) Game Notes
- This loss extended the Terriers losing streak to three games.
- The top two scorers (Akeem Johnson and PJ Santavenere) accounted for 50.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Akeem Johnson and Jalen Cannon) accounted for 40.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Akeem Johnson has led the team in scoring three times in 23 games this season.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Akeem Johnson's career.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Jalen Cannon.
- This was the first foul out of the season for PJ Santavenere.