(17-6, 3-5 away)
(17-7, 15-2 home)
Venue: Comcast Center
1:00PM ET / 10:00AM PT, February 10, 2013
||J Harris 22
||J Anderson 9
||J Evans 8
||D Wells 13
||A Len 7
||S Allen 5
Virginia got a road win against Maryland 80-69 in ACC action on a day when they scored 33 points from behind the arc. The Cavaliers were led by Justin Anderson, who got a season-high 17 points and nine rebounds. Joe Harris had a game-high 22 points and added two rebounds. For the Terrapins, Alex Len got nine points and seven rebounds. This makes three wins in a row for the Cavaliers. Virginia (17-6, 7-3 ACC) welcomes Virginia Tech (11-12, 2-8 ACC) on Tuesday, Feb. 12.
Virginia Game Notes
- The last time UVA started the season 17-6 was 2000.
- UVA beat the spread by 13 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Cavaliers have beaten the spread.
- The Cavaliers have won every game this season (9-0) after recording 26 or more field goals made.
- Virginia has won every game this season (6-0) when its field goal percentage has been 54.2 percent or better.
- Virginia has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after committing 16 or fewer turnovers.
- UVA has won 92 percent of the time this season (12-1) when opponents record 10 or fewer free throws made.
- UVA has won 83 percent of the time this season (10-2) after holding an opponent to under 29.4 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Virginia has won 85 percent of the time (11-2) when Akil Mitchell has 13 points or more, 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Joe Harris has seven field goals made or more, and 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Evan Nolte has five rebounds or more.
- The Cavaliers set a season high for three-pointers (11).
- UVA set a season low for blocks (one).
- The Cavaliers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past seven games.
- The top two scorers (Joe Harris and Justin Anderson) accounted for 48.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Justin Anderson and Evan Nolte) accounted for 41.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Joe Harris has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 23 games this season.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Joe Harris's career.
- Joe Harris has four straight double-digit point games.
- Joe Harris had a career high with a 88 percent field goal percentage.
- Justin Anderson has three straight double-digit point games.
- Akil Mitchell has five straight double-digit point games.
- Paul Jesperson had career highs with 12 points, four three-pointers, and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
Maryland Game Notes
- Seth Allen recorded a team season high in steals with five.
- The top two rebounders (Alex Len and Dezmine Wells) accounted for 41.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Dezmine Wells has led the team in scoring eight times in 24 games this season.
- Alex Len has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 24 games this season.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Alex Len.
- Alex Len set a career high with five blocks.