NC State 58
(17-7, 5-5 away)
(12-11, 10-4 home)
Venue: Littlejohn Coliseum
1:00PM ET / 10:00AM PT, February 10, 2013
||R Howell 16
||R Howell 11
||L Brown 4
||J Roper 17
||M Jennings 8
||M Jennings 3
Clemson was narrowly defeated by NC State 58-57 in conference play on Sunday, February 10th. With the loss, the Tigers stay winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-4 for the season. K.J. McDaniels put up 12 points plus six rebounds in a losing effort. Jordan Roper had a season-high 17 points. Richard Howell recorded a double-double for the Wolfpack on a team-high 16 points and 11 rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast). This makes three losses in a row for the Tigers. Next up for Clemson (12-11, 4-7 ACC) is Georgia Tech (13-9, 3-7 ACC) on Thursday, February 14th on the road.
Clemson Game Notes
- Clemson beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Tigers have beaten the spread.
- The Tigers have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Clemson is 23-33 in close games.
- Clemson has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-7) after recording 57 or fewer total points.
- The Tigers have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-6) after having a field goal percentage of 38.6 percent or worse.
- Clemson has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after committing 17 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records six or more blocks this season, Clemson has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 37.5 percent or better this season, Clemson has lost 89 percent of the time (1-8).
- When the opposition records six or more three-pointers this season, Clemson has lost 80 percent of the time (2-8).
- This is the third loss of the season where the Tigers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Clemson has a 12.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Jordan Roper and K.J. McDaniels) accounted for 50.8 percent of the points.
- Milton Jennings has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 23 games this season.
NC State Game Notes
- The Wolfpack won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, NC State is 35-23 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Richard Howell and Lorenzo Brown) accounted for 53.4 percent of the points.
- Richard Howell accounted for 30.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Richard Howell has led the team in scoring four times and in rebounding 17 times in 24 games this season.
- Richard Howell recorded the 39th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Richard Howell has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Richard Howell recorded a double-double. It was his 14th this season and 27th of his career.
- Richard Howell set a career high with four steals.
- C.J. Leslie recorded the 21st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- C.J. Leslie has six straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Leslie recorded a double-double. It was his seventh this season and 19th of his career.