NC State 58
(17-7, 5-5 away)
(12-11, 10-4 home)
Venue: Littlejohn Coliseum
1:00PM ET / 10:00AM PT, February 10, 2013
||R Howell 16
||R Howell 11
||L Brown 4
||J Roper 17
||M Jennings 8
||M Jennings 3
On Sunday, February 10th, NC State took on Clemson and just barely beat the Tigers 58-57 in conference action. With the win, the Wolfpack improve their record to 1-3 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Richard Howell earned a double-double for the Wolfpack with a team-high 16 points and 11 rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast). Lorenzo Brown had 15 points and added four rebounds. K.J. McDaniels got 12 points and six rebounds for the Tigers. NC State (17-7, 6-5 ACC) takes on Virginia Tech (11-12, 2-8 ACC) on Saturday, February 16th on their home court.
NC State Game Notes
- The last time NCSU started the season 17-7 was 2011.
- The Wolfpack have won five close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, NC State is 35-23 in close games.
- The Wolfpack have won 90 percent of the time this season (9-1) after recording six or more three-pointers.
- NCSU has won 86 percent of the time this season (6-1) after holding an opponent to under 38.6 percent field goal percentage.
- NCSU has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record seven or fewer free throws made.
- This season NC State has won 90 percent of the time (9-1) when Richard Howell has 16 points or more, 76 percent of the time (13-4) when Lorenzo Brown plays 32 minutes or more, and 72 percent of the time (13-5) when C.J. Leslie has five field goals made or more.
- NCSU set a season low for free throws made (six).
- The Wolfpack have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past five games.
- This is the third win of the season where the Wolfpack came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Richard Howell and Lorenzo Brown) accounted for 53.4 percent of the points.
- Richard Howell accounted for 30.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Richard Howell has led the team in scoring four times and in rebounding 17 times in 24 games this season.
- Richard Howell recorded the 39th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Richard Howell has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Richard Howell recorded a double-double. It was his 14th this season and 27th of his career.
- Richard Howell had a career high with four steals.
- C.J. Leslie recorded the 21st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- C.J. Leslie has six straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Leslie recorded a double-double. It was his seventh this season and 19th of his career.
Clemson Game Notes
- The Tigers have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Clemson is 23-33 in close games.
- This loss extended the Tigers losing streak to three games.
- The top two scorers (Jordan Roper and K.J. McDaniels) accounted for 50.8 percent of the points.
- Milton Jennings has led the team in rebounding nine times in 23 games this season.