UC Irvine 72
(12-13, 3-12 away)
(15-9, 11-5 home)
Venue: Stan Sheriff Center
11:59PM ET / 8:59PM PT, February 09, 2013
||A Young 20
||A Young 7
||A Young 7
||C Standhardinger 20
||V Joaquim 10
||J Tavita 5
Hawaii topped UC Irvine 78-72 in Big West play on Saturday, February 9th. The Warriors tie the season series against UC Irvine at 1-1 with the win. The Warriors were led by Christian Standhardinger, who put up a team-high 20 points plus nine rebounds. Isaac Fotu also had a good outing, scoring 11 points and adding six rebounds. For the Anteaters, Alex Young got a season-high 20 points and seven rebounds. This makes three wins in a row for the Warriors. The next game will be on Thursday, February 14th when Hawaii (15-9, 9-4 Big West) heads to UC Davis (9-13, 5-6 Big West).
Hawaii Game Notes
- Hawaii started 15-9 during the 2005, 2002, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over UC Irvine extended the Hawaii winning streak to five games.
- Hawaii beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Warriors have beaten the spread.
- The Warriors have won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after recording 78 or more total points.
- Hawaii has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record four or fewer steals.
- This season Hawaii has won 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Christian Standhardinger has 20 points or more, 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Brandon Spearman plays 32 minutes or more, and 73 percent of the time (11-4) when Jace Tavita has five assists or more.
- Hawaii set season lows for assists (eight) and turnovers (seven).
- The Warriors have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the third win of the season where the Warriors came back after being down at halftime.
- Hauns Brereton recorded a team season high in free throws made with 12.
- The top two scorers (Christian Standhardinger and Hauns Brereton) accounted for 46.1 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Vander Joaquim and Christian Standhardinger) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Christian Standhardinger has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 24 games this season.
- Vander Joaquim has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 24 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Christian Standhardinger's career.
- Christian Standhardinger has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Hauns Brereton has three straight double-digit point games.
- Hauns Brereton had a career high with 12 free throws made.
- Vander Joaquim recorded the 35th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Vander Joaquim has five straight double-digit point games.
- Vander Joaquim recorded a double-double. It was his ninth this season and 29th of his career.
UC Irvine Game Notes
- Daman Starring recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 20.
- The top two scorers (Alex Young and Daman Starring) accounted for 52.7 percent of the points.
- Alex Young has led the team in rebounding three times in 25 games this season.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Alex Young's career.
- Alex Young has three straight double-digit point games.
- Chris McNealy has three straight double-digit point games.
- Chris McNealy set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
|C+||Will Davis II||24||6||6||0||0||1||1|