Saint Mary's got a road victory against San Diego 74-64 in West Coast action on Saturday, February 9th. With a record of 2-0, the Gaels stay undefeated against San Diego this season. Matthew Dellavedova had a big game for the Gaels and put up a game-high 19 points (7 Ast 4 Reb), sinking 5 of 11 from three-point range. Jorden Page had eight points and added three rebounds. For the Toreros, Christopher Anderson got 10 points and six rebounds (5 Ast 4 Stl). This makes three wins in a row for the Gaels. Saint Mary's (21-4, 10-1 West Coast) welcomes sixth-ranked Gonzaga (23-2, 10-0 West Coast) on Thursday, February 14th.
Saint Mary's Game Notes
- Saint Mary's started 21-4 during the 2010 and 2009 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over San Diego extended the Saint Mary's winning streak to nine games.
- Saint Mary's has won every game this season (10-0) when its three-point percentage has been 41.4 percent or better.
- The Gaels have won every game this season (10-0) after recording 17 or more assists.
- Saint Mary's has won 83 percent of the time this season (10-2) after committing 13 or fewer turnovers.
- SMC has won every game this season (12-0) when opponents record 64 or fewer total points.
- SMC has won 90 percent of the time this season (9-1) after holding an opponent to under 39.3 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Saint Mary's has won 100 percent of the time (9-0) when Matthew Dellavedova has 19 points or more, 75 percent of the time (9-3) when Stephen Holt plays 32 minutes or more, and 85 percent of the time (11-2) when Mitchell Young has six rebounds or more.
- SMC set season lows for blocks (one) and free throws made (six).
- The top two scorers (Matthew Dellavedova and Brad Waldow) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- Matthew Dellavedova has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 25 games this season.
- Stephen Holt has led the team in rebounding in five out of 25 games this season.
- Brad Waldow had a career high with eight field goals made.
San Diego Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Johnny Dee and Christopher Anderson) accounted for 45.3 percent of the points.
- Johnny Dee has led the team in scoring 18 times in 26 games this season.
- Johnny Dee has four straight double-digit point games.
- Johnny Dee set a career high with seven rebounds.