Washington State 62
(11-13, 1-8 away)
(18-6, 13-4 home)
Venue: Pauley Pavilion
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, February 09, 2013
||B Motum 17
||M Ladd 9
||D Shelton 6
||S Muhammad 17
||S Muhammad 4
||L Drew II 8
On a night when the Bruins shot 62%, Washington State was clipped by UCLA 76-62 in conference play. The game was never competitive, as UCLA went up 39-24 at the half and never looked back. The Cougars got five points and seven rebounds from D.J. Shelton. Brock Motum had 17 points and added four rebounds. Kyle Anderson finished with 12 points and seven assists for the Bruins. This makes three losses in a row for the Cougars. Washington State (11-12, 2-9 Pac 12) hosts Oregon State (12-11, 2-8 Pac 12) on Wednesday, February 13th.
Washington State Game Notes
- Washington State started 11-13 during the 2005, 2003, 2000, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- The Cougars have lost 90 percent of the time this season (1-9) after having a field goal percentage of 40.7 percent or worse.
- Washington State has lost 80 percent of the time this season (2-8) after recording 62 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 76 or more total points this season, Washington State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- The Cougars set a season high for steals (eight).
- The last time WSU recorded at least eight steals was Jan 21, 2012 against California.
- Washington State has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past nine games.
- DaVonte Lacy recorded a team season high in steals with four.
- The top two scorers (Brock Motum and Royce Woolridge) accounted for 53.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Mike Ladd and D.J. Shelton) accounted for 51.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Brock Motum has led the team in scoring in 16 out of 24 games this season.
- Mike Ladd has led the team in rebounding in six out of 24 games this season.
- Brock Motum has 24 straight double-digit point games.
- Royce Woolridge has four straight double-digit point games.
- DaVonte Lacy has three straight double-digit point games.
- DaVonte Lacy had a career high with four steals.
- D.J. Shelton had a career high with six assists.
UCLA Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Shabazz Muhammad and Jordan Adams) accounted for 40.7 percent of the points.
- Shabazz Muhammad has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding five times in 24 games this season.
- Shabazz Muhammad has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Travis Wear set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
|B||Larry Drew II||32||9||0||8||4||0||5|