(13-10, 4-8 away)
UC Santa Barbara 66
(8-15, 6-5 home)
Venue: UCSB Events Center
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, February 09, 2013
|UC Santa Barbara
||R Rivera 15
||C Beatty 4
||L McCloud 3
|UC Santa Barbara
||T Brown 13
||T Brown 8
||T Taylor 8
On Saturday, February 9th, UC-Santa Barbara scored 30 points from three-point territory and beat Pacific 66-53 in Big West play. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. Alan Williams played well for the Gauchos and put up 10 points and seven rebounds. T.J. Taylor had 11 points and added eight assists. For the Tigers, Markus Duran finished with six points and three rebounds. Next up for UC-Santa Barbara (8-15, 4-8 Big West) is Cal Poly (11-11, 7-5 Big West) on Saturday, February 16th on the road.
UC-Santa Barbara Game Notes
- UCSB beat the spread by 16 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Gauchos have beaten the spread.
- UCSB has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record three or fewer steals.
- This season UC-Santa Barbara has won 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Taran Brown plays 34 minutes or more.
- The Gauchos set season highs for field goal percentage (50.0) and three-point percentage (50.0).
- The last time UCSB had a field goal percentage of 50.0 percent or higher was Mar 14, 2012 against Idaho.
- UC-Santa Barbara has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--UCSB has a 2.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Taran Brown has led the team in scoring six times and in rebounding 8 times in 23 games this season.
- Michael Bryson has three straight double-digit point games.
- T.J. Taylor had career highs with 11 points and three three-pointers.
- Kyle Boswell had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Sam Beeler.
- Alan Williams has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Duke DaRe.
Pacific Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Ross Rivera and Lorenzo McCloud) accounted for 47.1 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more points (32) than the starters (21).
- Ross Rivera has led the team in scoring five times and in rebounding seven times in 23 games this season.
|C||R. De Souza||16||6||0||0||1||0||0|