On Saturday, February 9th, No. 15 New Mexico took on UNLV and lost in a stunner to the Rebels 64-55 in conference play. The Lobos drop to 3-0 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the loss. Alex Kirk secured a double-double for the Lobos including a game-high 17 points and 16 rebounds. Cameron Bairstow also had a decent outing, scoring 13 points and adding six rebounds. Anthony Bennett registered a double-double for the Rebels with a team-high 17 points and 12 rebounds. New Mexico (20-4, 7-2 MWC) goes to Fresno State (8-14, 2-7 MWC) on Wednesday, February 13th.
New Mexico Game Notes
- New Mexico started 20-4 during the 2011 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- New Mexico has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after recording 55 or fewer total points.
- The Lobos have lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after having a field goal percentage of 33.9 percent or worse.
- Alex Kirk recorded a team season high in rebounds with 16.
- Alex Kirk accounted for 30.9 percent of the team's points.
- Alex Kirk accounted for 36.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Alex Kirk has led the team in scoring eight times and in rebounding 14 times in 24 games this season.
- Alex Kirk recorded the seventh double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Alex Kirk recorded a double-double. It was his fifth this season and sixth of his career.
- Alex Kirk had a career high with 16 rebounds.
UNLV Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Anthony Bennett and Katin Reinhardt) accounted for 51.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Anthony Bennett and Bryce Dejean-Jones) accounted for 47.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Anthony Bennett has led the team in scoring 18 times and in rebounding 12 times in 24 games this season.
- Bryce Dejean-Jones set career highs with three three-pointers and nine rebounds.
- Anthony Marshall has three straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Bennett recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Anthony Bennett has five straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Bennett recorded a double-double. It was the ninth of his career.