On Saturday, February 9th, Sacramento State took on Portland State and topped the Vikings 77-71 in conference action. The Hornets got the win with a game-high 30 points and four rebounds from Mikh McKinney. John Dickson had nine points and added three rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast). Lateef McMullan finished with a team-high 17 points and five assists for the Vikings. The next game will be on Thursday, February 14th when Sacramento State (11-10, 6-7 Big Sky) travels to North Dakota (10-13, 7-7 Big Sky).
Sacramento State Game Notes
- SacSt beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Hornets have beaten the spread.
- The Hornets have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 77 or more total points.
- SacSt has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record three or fewer free throws made.
- This season Sacramento State has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Joe Eberhard has 12 points or more and 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Mikh McKinney plays 35 minutes or more.
- SacSt set a season low for turnovers (four).
- Sacramento State has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--SacSt has a 7.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Mikh McKinney recorded a team season high in points with 30, field goals made with 13, and field goals attempted with 18.
- Mikh McKinney accounted for 38.9 percent of the team's points.
- Mikh McKinney has led the team in scoring in six out of 22 games this season.
- Konner Veteto has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 22 games this season.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Mikh McKinney's career.
Portland State Game Notes
- This loss extended the Vikings losing streak to eight games.
- The top two scorers (Lateef McMullan and Aaron Moore) accounted for 45.0 percent of the points.
- Aaron Moore accounted for 32.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Lateef McMullan has led the team in scoring four times in 21 games this season.
- Aaron Moore has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 21 games this season.
- Aaron Moore recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Aaron Moore has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Aaron Moore recorded a double-double. It was the sixth of his career.
- Lateef McMullan has three straight double-digit point games.
- Lateef McMullan set a career high with seven field goals made.
- Renado Parker has three straight double-digit point games.