On Saturday, February 9th, North Texas shot 75% from the floor and topped Florida International 77-67 in Sun Belt action. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. The Mean Green were led by Roger Franklin, who put up a team-high 21 points plus five rebounds (3 Ast 3 Blk). Jordan Williams also had a good game, scoring 15 points and adding four rebounds. For the Golden Panthers, Tymell Murphy got a game-high 23 points and five rebounds. North Texas (9-17, 4-11 Sun Belt) gets Louisiana-Monroe (3-16, 2-11 Sun Belt) on the road on Thursday, February 14th.
North Texas Game Notes
- UNT beat the spread by eight points. That makes the 9th time this season the Mean Green have beaten the spread.
- The Mean Green have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 77 or more total points.
- UNT has won 75 percent of the time this season (9-3) when opponents record 67 or fewer total points.
- The Mean Green set a season high for field goal percentage (75.0).
- North Texas has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--UNT has a 1.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Roger Franklin recorded a team season high in free throws made with 11.
- The top two scorers (Roger Franklin and Jordan Williams) accounted for 46.7 percent of the points.
- Roger Franklin has led the team in scoring in three out of 26 games this season.
- Tony Mitchell has led the team in rebounding in 18 out of 26 games this season.
- Jordan Williams has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Roger Franklin's career.
- Roger Franklin had a career high with 11 free throws made.
- Alzee Williams has four straight double-digit point games.
- Tony Mitchell had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
Florida International Game Notes
- Tymell Murphy accounted for 34.3 percent of the team's points.
- Tymell Murphy accounted for 35.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Tymell Murphy has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 11 times in 24 games this season.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Tymell Murphy's career.
- Tymell Murphy has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Deric Hill.
- Deric Hill set career highs with 15 points, three three-pointers, and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Jerome Frink.