|FL Internationial||T Murphy 23||T Murphy 5||T Murphy 2|
|North Texas||R Franklin 21||T Mitchell 6||R Franklin 3|
Florida International was edged by North Texas 77-67 in conference play on a night when the Mean Green shot 75% from the floor. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. Tymell Murphy put up a game-high 23 points plus five rebounds in the Golden Panthers loss. Deric Hill also had a decent outing, scoring a career-high 15 points. For the Mean Green, Roger Franklin got a team-high 21 points and five rebounds (3 Ast 3 Blk). Florida International (13-11, 8-7 Sun Belt) gets Troy (10-15, 5-9 Sun Belt) on the road on Thursday, February 14th.
Florida International Game Notes
- The last time FIU started the season 13-11 was 1999.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 50.0 percent or better this season, Florida International has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records seven or more blocks this season, Florida International has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- FIU set season lows for assists (five), blocks (zero), and rebounds (14).
- The Golden Panthers have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past four games.
- Florida International has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past five games.
- Tymell Murphy accounted for 34.3 percent of the team's points.
- Tymell Murphy accounted for 35.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Tymell Murphy has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 11 times in 24 games this season.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Tymell Murphy's career.
- Tymell Murphy has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Deric Hill.
- Deric Hill had career highs with 15 points, three three-pointers, and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Jerome Frink.
North Texas Game Notes
- Roger Franklin recorded a team season high in free throws made with 11.
- The top two scorers (Roger Franklin and Jordan Williams) accounted for 46.7 percent of the points.
- Roger Franklin has led the team in scoring three times in 26 games this season.
- Tony Mitchell has led the team in rebounding 18 times in 26 games this season.
- Jordan Williams has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Roger Franklin's career.
- Roger Franklin set a career high with 11 free throws made.
- Alzee Williams has four straight double-digit point games.
- Tony Mitchell set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
|C-||M. Porcher Jimenez||25||7||1||0||1||0||2|