(7-16, 2-7 away)
New Mexico State 60
(17-8, 12-1 home)
Venue: Pan American Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 09, 2013
|New Mexico State
||D Sunderhaus 14
||L Green 8
||P Obasi 2
|New Mexico State
||D Mullings 18
||S Bhullar 9
||T de Rouen 3
On a night when they turned the ball over only nine times, New Mexico State just barely got by Seattle 60-57 in WAC action. With the win, the Aggies improve to 0-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Sim Bhullar guided the Aggies and put up 14 points plus nine rebounds. Daniel Mullings had a game-high 18 points and added four rebounds. For the Redhawks, Deshaun Sunderhaus got a team-high 14 points and five rebounds. This makes three wins in a row for the Aggies. New Mexico State (17-8, 11-2 WAC) goes to San Jose State (9-14, 3-9 WAC) on Thursday, February 14th.
New Mexico State Game Notes
- New Mexico State started 17-8 during the 2011, 2002, 2001, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Seattle extended the New Mexico State winning streak to 11 games.
- The Aggies have won four close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, New Mexico State is 27-24 in close games.
- The Aggies have won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after recording eight or more blocks.
- NMSU has won every game this season (10-0) after holding an opponent to under 39.0 percent field goal percentage.
- NMSU has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record three or fewer steals.
- This season New Mexico State has won 89 percent of the time (8-1) when Sim Bhullar has 14 points or more, 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Bandja Sy plays 39 minutes or more, and 80 percent of the time (8-2) when Daniel Mullings has three steals or more.
- The Aggies set a season high for free throws made (24).
- The last time NMSU recorded at least 24 free throws made was Mar 08, 2012 against Fresno State.
- The Aggies have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--NMSU has a 13.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Daniel Mullings and Sim Bhullar) accounted for 53.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Sim Bhullar and Renaldo Dixon) accounted for 47.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Daniel Mullings has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 25 games this season.
- Sim Bhullar has led the team in rebounding in five out of 25 games this season.
- Sim Bhullar has four straight double-digit point games.
Seattle Game Notes
- The Redhawks have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Seattle is 16-16 in close games.
- This loss extended the Redhawks losing streak to three games.
- The top two scorers (Deshaun Sunderhaus and Chad Rasmussen) accounted for 45.6 percent of the points.
- Deshaun Sunderhaus has led the team in scoring four times in 23 games this season.
- Louis Green has led the team in rebounding three times in 23 games this season.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Deshaun Sunderhaus.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Clarence Trent.
|C+||Terrel de Rouen||31||6||3||3||1||0||2|