San Francisco 99
(11-13, 4-5 away)
Brigham Young 87
(18-8, 11-2 home)
Venue: Marriott Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 09, 2013
||D Parker 23
||C Dickerson 11
||C Doolin 8
||B Zylstra 18
||B Davies 9
||T Haws 4
Entering the game as a 13-point favorite, Brigham Young was stunned by San Francisco 99-87 in conference play. With the loss, the Cougars tie the season series against San Francisco at 1-1. The Cougars were led by Craig Cusick, who put up a season-high 12 points and three rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast). Tyler Haws scored 16 points and added four rebounds. For the Dons, De`End Parker got a game-high 23 points and four assists. This makes three losses in a row for the Cougars. Next up for Brigham Young (18-8, 8-4 West Coast) is Portland (9-17, 2-9 West Coast) on Saturday, Feb. 16 on their home court.
Brigham Young Game Notes
- The Cougars have lost 78 percent of the time this season (2-7) after having a field goal percentage of 42.4 percent or worse.
- Brigham Young has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after recording 30 or fewer rebounds.
- The Cougars set a season high for free throws made (25).
- BYU set a season low for blocks (zero).
- Brigham Young has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past seven games.
- This is the third loss of the season where the Cougars opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--BYU has a 16.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two rebounders (Brandon Davies and Josh Sharp) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Brandon Davies has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 26 games this season.
- Tyler Haws has five straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Davies has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Craig Cusick had career highs with 12 points, three three-pointers, a 100 percent three-point percentage, and four steals.
San Francisco Game Notes
- The top two scorers (De`End Parker and Chris Adams) accounted for 40.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Cole Dickerson and Tim Derksen) accounted for 42.1 percent of the rebounds.
- De`End Parker has led the team in scoring five times in 24 games this season.
- Cole Dickerson has led the team in rebounding 19 times in 24 games this season.
- Cole Dickerson recorded the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Cole Dickerson recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 11th of his career.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of De`End Parker's career.
- De`End Parker set career highs with a 73 percent field goal percentage and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- Avry Holmes has three straight double-digit point games.
- Cody Doolin has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Frank Rogers.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Matt Christiansen.