Loyola Marymount 55
(8-16, 3-10 away)
(6) Gonzaga 74
(23-2, 16-1 home)
Venue: McCarthey Athletic Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 09, 2013
||A Ireland 30
||A Hamilton 7
||T Walker 2
||K Pangos 20
||E Harris 10
||K Pangos 4
Loyola Marymount shot just 30% from the field and was blown out by No. 6 Gonzaga 74-55 in conference play on Saturday, February 9th. The Lions are still looking for their first win over an AP-Ranked team this season (0-2). The Lions got a game-high 30 points from Anthony Ireland in minutes. Godwin Okonji had two points and added three rebounds. Kelly Olynyk got a team-high 20 points and six rebounds for the Bulldogs. The Lions are on an eight-game losing streak. The next game will be on Thursday, February 14th when Loyola Marymount (8-16, 1-10 West Coast) travels to Pepperdine (10-13, 2-8 West Coast).
Loyola Marymount Game Notes
- LMU beat the spread by five points. That makes the 6th time this season the Lions have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, LMU played 13 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 3-10.
- Loyola Marymount has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after recording 55 or fewer total points.
- The Lions have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 29.8 percent or worse.
- Loyola Marymount has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after committing eight or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 51.1 percent or better this season, Loyola Marymount has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 43 or more rebounds this season, Loyola Marymount has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition records four or more blocks this season, Loyola Marymount has lost 80 percent of the time (2-8).
- Loyola Marymount has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 11 games.
- Anthony Ireland recorded a team season high in free throws made with 12 and free throws attempted with 14.
- Anthony Ireland accounted for 54.5 percent of the team's points.
- Anthony Ireland has led the team in scoring in 20 out of 24 games this season.
- Ashley Hamilton has led the team in rebounding in six out of 24 games this season.
- This marks the 25th 20-point game of Anthony Ireland's career.
- Anthony Ireland has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Ireland had career highs with 30 points and 12 free throws made.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Ashley Hamilton.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Godwin Okonji.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Alex Osborne.
Gonzaga Game Notes
- Elias Harris recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 14.
- The top two scorers (Kelly Olynyk and Kevin Pangos) accounted for 54.0 percent of the points.
- Kelly Olynyk has led the team in scoring 10 times in 25 games this season.
- Elias Harris has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 25 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Kevin Pangos's career.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Kelly Olynyk's career.
- Kelly Olynyk has 20 straight double-digit point games.
- Elias Harris recorded the 28th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Elias Harris recorded a double-double. It was his fifth this season and 26th of his career.
|-||Guy Landry Edi||4||0||0||0||0||0||0|