(15-8, 11-3 home)
Venue: Coleman Coliseum
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 09, 2013
||J O`Bryant III 22
||J O`Bryant III 11
||A Hickey 4
||N Jacobs 15
||T Lacey 7
||A Steele 4
LSU faced off with Alabama on Saturday, February 9th and suffered a close loss to the Crimson Tide 60-57 in conference play. Johnny O`Bryant III earned a double-double in a losing effort including a career-high 22 points and 11 rebounds. Anthony Hickey also had a decent outing, scoring eight points and adding four rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl). For the Crimson Tide, Nick Jacobs got a team-high 15 points and five rebounds. LSU (13-8, 4-6 SEC) takes on South Carolina (12-10, 2-7 SEC) on Thursday, February 14th on the road.
LSU Game Notes
- LSU started 13-8 during the 2006, 2004, and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- LSU beat the spread by five points. That makes the 8th time this season the Tigers have beaten the spread.
- The Tigers have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, LSU is 25-24 in close games.
- LSU has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after recording 21 or fewer field goals made.
- When the opposition records 43 or more rebounds this season, LSU has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- LSU set season lows for blocks (zero), steals (three), and three-pointers (four).
- The Tigers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past five games.
- LSU has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past six games.
- Johnny O`Bryant III accounted for 38.5 percent of the team's points.
- Johnny O`Bryant III accounted for 30.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Johnny O`Bryant III has led the team in scoring five times and in rebounding 10 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Johnny O`Bryant III's career.
- Johnny O`Bryant III has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Johnny O`Bryant III recorded a double-double. It was his ninth this season and 11th of his career.
- Johnny O`Bryant III had career highs with 22 points and nine field goals made.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Shavon Coleman.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Malik Morgan.
Alabama Game Notes
- The Crimson Tide won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Alabama is 29-29 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Nick Jacobs and Trevor Releford) accounted for 45.0 percent of the points.
- Nick Jacobs has led the team in scoring three times in 23 games this season.
- Trevor Lacey has led the team in rebounding five times in 23 games this season.
- Rodney Cooper has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Moussa Gueye.
|A||J. O`Bryant III||35||22||11||2||0||0||5|
|-||A. Del Piero||6||0||3||0||0||0||1|