(6-17, 2-10 away)
(8-16, 5-5 home)
Venue: Pete Hanna Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 09, 2013
||J Jenkins 13
||M Groselle 5
||A Moore 4
||T Hood 19
||C Miller 5
||R Kelly 6
Samford shot 66% from the floor and came out on top against Citadel 79-67 in SoCon action on Saturday, February 9th. Samford went up 48-32 at the half and continued to play well in the second half. Samford improve their record to 0-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the win. Tyler Hood played brilliantly for Samford and got a season-high 19 points and five rebounds. Tim Williams also had a strong game, scoring 17 points and adding three rebounds (3 Blk 3 Stl). For Citadel, Janeil Jenkins got a season-high 13 points on 100% shooting. Samford (8-16, 6-5 SoCon) gets Chattanooga (9-15, 4-7 SoCon) on the road on Monday, February 11th.
Samford Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:08 left to go.
- Samford beat the spread by five points. That makes the 11th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- This season Samford has won 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Raijon Kelly has four free throws made or more.
- The Bulldogs set season highs for assists (20), field goal percentage (65.9), steals (nine), and total points (79).
- The last time Samford had a field goal percentage of 65.9 percent or higher was Dec 29, 2005 against Campbellsville.
- Samford has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--Samford has a -0.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Tyler Hood and Tim Williams) accounted for 45.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Tyler Hood and Connor Miller) accounted for 52.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Tyler Hood has led the team in scoring in three out of 24 games this season.
- Tim Williams has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Tyler Hood had a career high with eight field goals made.
Citadel Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (P.J. Horgan and Mike Groselle) accounted for 52.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Mike Groselle has led the team in scoring 11 times in 23 games this season.
- P.J. Horgan has led the team in rebounding six times in 23 games this season.
- Mike Groselle has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Marshall Harris III set career highs with a 100 percent field goal percentage and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
|C||Matt Van Scyoc||32||10||2||1||0||0||4|
|C||M. Harris III||25||8||0||3||0||0||4|
|C+||C. Geffrard Jr.||24||11||1||2||0||0||2|