(12-13, 3-11 away)
Venue: Alumni Hall (MD)
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 09, 2013
||J Ptasinksi 15
||S Hinrichs 10
||T Johnson 5
||W Smith 13
||W Kelly 4
||T Dunbar 5
On Saturday, February 9th, Navy was crushed by Lafayette 70-47 in conference play. Navy dug a hole early, down 35-20 at the break, and was never able to get back in the game. The Midshipmen stay winless against Lafayette this season at 0-2. Worth Smith put up a team-high 13 points plus four rebounds in the Midshipmen loss. Jerome Alexander had six points and added four rebounds. Seth Hinrichs recorded a double-double for the Leopards with 12 points and 10 rebounds. The Midshipmen are on a five-game losing streak. Navy (7-17, 1-7 Patriot) gets Holy Cross (10-13, 2-6 Patriot) on the road on Tuesday, February 12th.
Navy Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:09 left to go.
- The last time Navy started the season 7-17 was 2004.
- Navy has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-7) after recording 47 or fewer total points.
- The Midshipmen have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after having a three-point percentage of 21.4 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 70 or more total points this season, Navy has lost 100 percent of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition records 16 or more assists this season, Navy has lost 100 percent of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition records eight or more three-pointers this season, Navy has lost 89 percent of the time (1-8).
- The Midshipmen set a season high for steals (nine).
- Navy set a season low for three-pointers (three).
- Navy has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--Navy has a -3.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Worth Smith recorded a team season high in steals with five.
- The top two scorers (Worth Smith and Tilman Dunbar) accounted for 44.6 percent of the points.
- Worth Smith has led the team in scoring eight times and in rebounding 17 times in 24 games this season.
- Worth Smith has four straight double-digit point games.
- Worth Smith had a career high with five steals.
Lafayette Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (Seth Hinrichs and Levi Giese) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Joey Ptasinksi has led the team in scoring three times in 25 games this season.
- Seth Hinrichs has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 25 games this season.
- Seth Hinrichs recorded the second double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Seth Hinrichs has six straight double-digit point games.
- Seth Hinrichs recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
- Seth Hinrichs set a career high with eight defensive rebounds.
- Dan Trist has four straight double-digit point games.