Iona came out on top against Rider 78-71 in MAAC play on Saturday, February 9th. The Gaels tie the season series against Rider at 1-1 with the win. The Gaels got the win with a game-high 32 points and six rebounds from Lamont Jones. Sean Armand had 24 points and added three rebounds. Jonathon Thompson got a career-high 26 points and five assists for the Broncs. Iona (15-10, 9-5 MAAC) travels to Manhattan (8-15, 6-7 MAAC) on Friday, February 15th.
Iona Game Notes
- Iona started 15-10 during the 2010, 2002, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- Iona has won every game this season (7-0) when its field goal percentage has been 50.0 percent or better.
- Iona has won 86 percent of the time this season (6-1) after committing nine or fewer turnovers.
- Iona has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record 27 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Iona has won 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Sean Armand has 24 points or more and 80 percent of the time (8-2) when Tavon Sledge has five assists or more.
- Iona set a season low for blocks (one).
- The Gaels have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--Iona has a 11.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Lamont Jones accounted for 41.0 percent of the team's points.
- Lamont Jones has led the team in scoring in 17 out of 25 games this season.
- David Laury has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 25 games this season.
- This marks the 33rd 20-point game of Lamont Jones's career.
- Lamont Jones has eight straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Sean Armand's career.
Rider Game Notes
- Anthony Myles recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 10.
- Jonathon Thompson accounted for 36.6 percent of the team's points.
- Jonathon Thompson has led the team in scoring five times in 26 games this season.
- Danny Stewart has led the team in rebounding 17 times in 26 games this season.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Jonathon Thompson's career.
- Jonathon Thompson has five straight double-digit point games.
- Jonathon Thompson set career highs with 26 points and nine field goals made.
- Anthony Myles set a career high with four three-pointers.