On Saturday, February 9th, IPFW took on North Dakota State and took a home loss to the Bison 58-54 in conference play. The Mastodons remain winless against North Dakota State this season at 0-2. Frank Gaines got a team-high 16 points plus three rebounds in the loss. Michael Kibiloski had six points and added four rebounds. Marshall Bjorklund registered a double-double for the Bison on 14 points and 10 rebounds. This makes three losses in a row for the Mastodons. Next up for IPFW (10-16, 3-9 Summit League) is Missouri-Kansas City (7-19, 4-8 Summit League) on Thursday, February 14th on the road.
IPFW Game Notes
- IPFW started 10-16 during the 2011, 2008, and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- IPFW beat the spread by five points. That makes the 9th time this season the Mastodons have beaten the spread.
- The Mastodons have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, IPFW is 32-20 in close games.
- IPFW has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-7) after recording 54 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records six or more three-pointers this season, IPFW has lost 83 percent of the time (2-10).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 33.3 percent or better this season, IPFW has lost 83 percent of the time (2-10).
- When the opposition records 14 or more free throws made this season, IPFW has lost 77 percent of the time (3-10).
- The top two scorers (Frank Gaines and Luis Jacobo) accounted for 55.5 percent of the points.
- Frank Gaines has led the team in scoring in 16 out of 26 games this season.
- Luis Jacobo has led the team in rebounding in four out of 26 games this season.
- Frank Gaines has four straight double-digit point games.
- Luis Jacobo has four straight double-digit point games.
- Isaiah McCray had a career high with three three-pointers.
North Dakota State Game Notes
- Lawrence Alexander accounted for 34.4 percent of the team's points.
- Marshall Bjorklund accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Lawrence Alexander has led the team in scoring four times in 25 games this season.
- Marshall Bjorklund has led the team in rebounding nine times in 25 games this season.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Lawrence Alexander's career.
- Lawrence Alexander set a career high with eight field goals made.
- Marshall Bjorklund recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Marshall Bjorklund recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and fifth of his career.