North Dakota State 58
(19-6, 8-6 away)
(10-16, 9-4 home)
Venue: Hilliard Gates Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 09, 2013
|North Dakota State
|North Dakota State
||L Alexander 20
||M Bjorklund 10
||K Brown 2
||F Gaines 16
||L Jacobo 5
||M Kibiloski 3
North Dakota State squared off with IPFW on Saturday, February 9th and won on the road versus the Mastodons 58-54 in conference play. The Bison improve to 0-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the win. Marshall Bjorklund earned a double-double in the win including 14 points and 10 rebounds. Lawrence Alexander had a game-high 20 points and added four rebounds. For the Mastodons, Frank Gaines got a team-high 16 points and three rebounds. The next game will be on Thursday, February 14th when North Dakota State (19-6, 10-3 Summit League) hosts Western Illinois (18-5, 10-2 Summit League).
North Dakota State Game Notes
- The last time NDSU started the season 19-6 was 2008.
- The Bison have won three close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, North Dakota State is 21-29 in close games.
- The Bison have won every game this season (7-0) after recording 14 or more free throws made.
- NDSU has won every game this season (12-0) when opponents record 11 or fewer free throws made.
- This season North Dakota State has won 78 percent of the time (7-2) when Marshall Bjorklund has 14 points or more and 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Lawrence Alexander plays 40 minutes or more.
- NDSU set season lows for assists (six) and turnovers (five).
- The Bison have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past four games.
- Lawrence Alexander accounted for 34.4 percent of the team's points.
- Marshall Bjorklund accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Lawrence Alexander has led the team in scoring in four out of 25 games this season.
- Marshall Bjorklund has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 25 games this season.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Lawrence Alexander's career.
- Lawrence Alexander had a career high with eight field goals made.
- Marshall Bjorklund recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Marshall Bjorklund recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and fifth of his career.
IPFW Game Notes
- The Mastodons have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, IPFW is 32-20 in close games.
- This loss extended the Mastodons losing streak to three games.
- The top two scorers (Frank Gaines and Luis Jacobo) accounted for 55.5 percent of the points.
- Frank Gaines has led the team in scoring 16 times in 26 games this season.
- Luis Jacobo has led the team in rebounding four times in 26 games this season.
- Frank Gaines has four straight double-digit point games.
- Luis Jacobo has four straight double-digit point games.
- Isaiah McCray set a career high with three three-pointers.