(18-7, 9-3 away)
(9-15, 6-8 home)
Venue: McKenzie Arena
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, February 09, 2013
||T Wiedeman 16
||T Wiedeman 10
||A Stitt 6
||Z Mason 27
||G McGhee 8
||R White 6
On Saturday, February 9th, College of Charleston took on Chattanooga and got a slim victory over the Mocs 71-68 in conference play. The Cougars move to 1-1 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the win. The Cougars got a double-double out of Trent Wiedeman with a team-high 16 points and 10 rebounds. Willis Hall had six points and added seven rebounds. Gee McGhee finished with 20 points and eight rebounds for the Mocs. This makes three wins in a row for the Cougars. College of Charleston (18-7, 10-3 SoCon) takes on Davidson (17-7, 12-1 SoCon) on Thursday, February 14th at home.
College of Charleston Game Notes
- College of Charleston started 18-7 during the 2010, 2008, and 2003 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Chattanooga extended the College of Charleston winning streak to six games.
- The Cougars have won eight close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, College of Charleston is 39-17 in close games.
- The Cougars have won every game this season (11-0) after recording 71 or more total points.
- College of Charleston has won every game this season (7-0) when its field goal percentage has been 48.1 percent or better.
- CofC has won 88 percent of the time this season (14-2) after holding an opponent to under 43.5 percent field goal percentage.
- CofC has won 83 percent of the time this season (10-2) when opponents record six or fewer steals.
- This season College of Charleston has won 79 percent of the time (11-3) when Andrew Lawrence has 13 points or more, 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Anthony Stitt plays 36 minutes or more, and 85 percent of the time (11-2) when Anthony Thomas has four field goals made or more.
- The Cougars have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past six games.
- The top two scorers (Trent Wiedeman and Andrew Lawrence) accounted for 40.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Trent Wiedeman and Adjehi Baru) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Trent Wiedeman has led the team in scoring three times and in rebounding 3 times in 25 games this season.
- Anthony Stitt has six straight double-digit point games.
- Andrew Lawrence has four straight double-digit point games.
- Trent Wiedeman recorded the 19th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Trent Wiedeman recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and 15th of his career.
Chattanooga Game Notes
- The Mocs have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Chattanooga is 29-20 in close games.
- Z Mason recorded a team season high in points with 27, field goals made with 11, and field goals attempted with 21.
- Z Mason accounted for 39.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Gee McGhee and Z Mason) accounted for 42.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Z Mason has led the team in scoring 13 times in 24 games this season.
- Gee McGhee has led the team in rebounding three times in 24 games this season.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Z Mason's career.
- Z Mason has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Z Mason set career highs with 27 points, 11 field goals made, and four three-pointers.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Gee McGhee's career.
- Gee McGhee has six straight double-digit point games.
- Drazen Zlovaric has three straight double-digit point games.