On Saturday, February 9th, Massachusetts easily got by St. Joseph's (PA) 80-62 in conference play. The Minutemen were led by Chaz Williams, who put up 11 points plus nine assists. Terrell Vinson had a game-high 18 points and added four assists. Langston Galloway finished with a team-high 14 points and seven assists for the Hawks. Massachusetts (16-6, 6-3 A-10) takes on Virginia Commonwealth (18-5, 6-2 A-10) on Thursday, February 14th on the road.
Massachusetts Game Notes
- Massachusetts started 16-6 during the 2011, 2006, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- UMASS beat the spread by 14.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Minutemen have beaten the spread.
- The Minutemen have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 80 or more total points.
- Massachusetts has won 75 percent of the time this season (9-3) when its three-point percentage has been 33.3 percent or better.
- UMASS has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 62 or fewer total points.
- UMASS has won every game this season (8-0) after holding an opponent to under 39.2 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Massachusetts has won 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Freddie Riley has 10 points or more, 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Terrell Vinson has six field goals made or more, and 75 percent of the time (9-3) when Chaz Williams has four free throws made or more.
- The Minutemen set a season high for assists (22).
- The last time UMASS recorded at least 22 assists was Dec 30, 2011 against Central Connecticut State.
- UMASS set season lows for rebounds (28) and turnovers (five).
- The Minutemen have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past seven games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--UMASS has a 8.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Terrell Vinson and Sampson Carter) accounted for 42.5 percent of the points.
- Cady Lalanne accounted for 42.8 percent of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (15) than the starters (11).
- Terrell Vinson has led the team in scoring in four out of 22 games this season.
- Cady Lalanne has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 22 games this season.
- Chaz Williams has three straight double-digit point games.
- Cady Lalanne recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Terrell Vinson has three straight double-digit point games.
St. Joseph's (PA) Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Langston Galloway and Carl Jones) accounted for 43.5 percent of the points.
- Langston Galloway has led the team in scoring eight times in 22 games this season.
- Halil Kanacevic has led the team in rebounding five times in 22 games this season.
- Carl Jones has five straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Halil Kanacevic.