Air Force 69
(14-8, 3-7 away)
(12-11, 10-4 home)
Venue: Lawlor Events Center
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, February 09, 2013
||M Fitzgerald 17
||D Earls 9
||T Broekhuis 3
||D Burton 22
||K Panzer 14
||M Coleman 3
On Saturday, February 9th, Air Force took on Nevada and was clipped by the Wolf Pack 74-69 in conference play. The Falcons drop to 1-4 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the loss. The Falcons were paced by Taylor Broekhuis, who put up 13 points and three assists. Kyle Green had nine points. Deonte Burton got a game-high 22 points and six rebounds for the Wolf Pack. Air Force (13-8, 5-4 MWC) gets UNLV (17-6, 4-4 MWC) on their home court on Wednesday, February 13th.
Air Force Game Notes
- The last time AF started the season 14-8 was 2004.
- The Falcons have been unlucky three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Air Force is 16-23 in close games.
- Air Force has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after committing 16 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 40 or more rebounds this season, Air Force has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 74 or more total points this season, Air Force has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- This is the first loss of the season where the Falcons opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Mike Fitzgerald and Taylor Broekhuis) accounted for 43.4 percent of the points.
- DeLovell Earls accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Mike Fitzgerald has led the team in scoring in six out of 22 games this season.
- Michael Lyons has seven straight double-digit point games.
Nevada Game Notes
- The Wolf Pack won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Nevada is 32-27 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Deonte Burton and Malik Story) accounted for 51.3 percent of the points.
- Kevin Panzer accounted for 35.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Deonte Burton has led the team in scoring 13 times in 23 games this season.
- Kevin Panzer has led the team in rebounding four times in 23 games this season.
- This marks the 24th 20-point game of Deonte Burton's career.
- Deonte Burton has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Malik Story has three straight double-digit point games.
- Kevin Panzer recorded the second double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Kevin Panzer recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Kevin Panzer set career highs with 14 rebounds and 11 defensive rebounds.
|B||Jerry Evans Jr||34||9||4||3||1||1||3|