On Saturday, February 9th, Nevada took on Air Force and knocked off the Falcons 74-69 in conference play. With the win, the Wolf Pack even the season series against Air Force at 1-1. Deonte Burton played well for the Wolf Pack and got a game-high 22 points and six rebounds. Kevin Panzer got a double-double with 10 points and 14 rebounds. For the Falcons, Taylor Broekhuis got 13 points and three assists. Nevada (12-11, 3-6 MWC) takes on Wyoming (16-6, 2-6 MWC) on Wednesday, February 13th on the road.
Nevada Game Notes
- Nevada beat the spread by two points. That makes the 9th time this season the Wolf Pack have beaten the spread.
- The Wolf Pack have won five close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Nevada is 32-27 in close games.
- The Wolf Pack have won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) after recording 74 or more total points.
- Nevada has won 77 percent of the time this season (10-3) when its field goal percentage has been 42.1 percent or better.
- This season Nevada has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Malik Story has six free throws made or more.
- The Wolf Pack have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past seven games.
- Nevada has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past four games.
- This is the fourth win of the season where the Wolf Pack came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--Nevada has a 2.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Deonte Burton and Malik Story) accounted for 51.3 percent of the points.
- Kevin Panzer accounted for 35.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Deonte Burton has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 23 games this season.
- Kevin Panzer has led the team in rebounding in four out of 23 games this season.
- This marks the 24th 20-point game of Deonte Burton's career.
- Deonte Burton has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Malik Story has three straight double-digit point games.
- Kevin Panzer recorded the second double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Kevin Panzer recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Kevin Panzer had career highs with 14 rebounds and 11 defensive rebounds.
Air Force Game Notes
- The Falcons have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Air Force is 16-23 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Mike Fitzgerald and Taylor Broekhuis) accounted for 43.4 percent of the points.
- DeLovell Earls accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Mike Fitzgerald has led the team in scoring six times in 22 games this season.
- Michael Lyons has seven straight double-digit point games.