On Saturday, February 9th, Kent State easily beat Central Michigan 87-72 in MAC play. Kent State took a small 44-40 lead into the locker room at halftime, and then finished Central Michigan off with a big second half. The Golden Flashes were led by Kris Brewer, who put up 16 points plus seven assists. Chris Evans had a team-high 19 points and added eight rebounds. For the Chippewas, Austin Keel finished with 10 points on 57% shooting. Kent State (13-10, 4-5 MAC) takes on Miami (OH) (8-14, 3-7 MAC) on Wednesday, February 13th at home.
Kent State Game Notes
- The last time KSU started the season 13-11 was 2008.
- KSU beat the spread by four points. That makes the 10th time this season the Golden Flashes have beaten the spread.
- KSU has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record three or fewer steals.
- KSU has won 79 percent of the time this season (11-3) after holding an opponent to under 44.6 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Kent State has won 77 percent of the time (10-3) when Randal Holt has 15 points or more and 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Chris Evans has seven field goals made or more.
- The Golden Flashes set a season high for blocks (seven).
- The last time KSU recorded at least seven blocks was Feb 21, 2012 against Miami (OH).
- The Golden Flashes have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--KSU has a 3.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Bryson Pope recorded a team season high in blocks with three.
- The top two scorers (Chris Evans and Darren Goodson) accounted for 42.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Chris Evans and Darren Goodson) accounted for 48.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Chris Evans has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 15 times in 24 games this season.
- Kris Brewer had a career high with seven assists.
- Randal Holt has three straight double-digit point games.
- Chris Evans has three straight double-digit point games.
- Darren Goodson has five straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Bryson Pope.
Central Michigan Game Notes
- This loss extended the Chippewas losing streak to six games.
- The top two scorers (Kyle Randall and Austin Keel) accounted for 41.6 percent of the points.
- Kyle Randall has led the team in scoring 18 times in 23 games this season.
- John Simons has led the team in rebounding nine times in 23 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Kyle Randall's career.
- Kyle Randall has four straight 20+ point games.