On Saturday, February 9th, Lehigh got a road victory against Holy Cross 68-61 in Patriot play. With a record of 2-0, the Mountain Hawks stay undefeated against Holy Cross this season. Mackey McKnight had a big game for the Mountain Hawks and got a game-high 22 points plus five rebounds. B.J. Bailey had 10 points and added four rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl). For the Crusaders, Malcolm Miller finished with 10 points and nine rebounds. This makes three wins in a row for the Mountain Hawks. Lehigh (17-5, 7-1 Patriot) hosts American University (9-14, 4-4 Patriot) on Wednesday, February 13th.
Lehigh Game Notes
- The win over Holy Cross extended the Lehigh winning streak to three games.
- The Mountain Hawks have won 82 percent of the time this season (9-2) after recording eight or more steals.
- Lehigh has won 77 percent of the time this season (10-3) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- Lehigh has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record three or fewer three-pointers.
- Lehigh has won every game this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 16.7 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Lehigh has won 100 percent of the time (10-0) when Gabe Knutson has 14 points or more, 80 percent of the time (8-2) when Holden Greiner plays 33 minutes or more, and 77 percent of the time (10-3) when Mackey McKnight has four field goals made or more.
- The Mountain Hawks have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past seven games.
- Mackey McKnight recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 12.
- Mackey McKnight accounted for 32.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Holden Greiner and Anthony D`Orazio) accounted for 46.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Mackey McKnight has led the team in scoring in five out of 22 games this season.
- Holden Greiner has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 22 games this season.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Mackey McKnight's career.
- Mackey McKnight had a career high with three three-pointers.
- B.J. Bailey has five straight double-digit point games.
- Holden Greiner has three straight double-digit point games.
Holy Cross Game Notes
- This loss extended the Crusaders losing streak to five games.
- The top two rebounders (Malcolm Miller and Eric Obeysekere) accounted for 45.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Dave Dudzinski has led the team in scoring 13 times in 23 games this season.
- Malcolm Miller has led the team in rebounding seven times in 23 games this season.
- Dave Dudzinski has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Christopher Morgan.