(23) Pittsburgh 62
(20-5, 4-3 away)
(17) Cincinnati 52
(18-6, 12-4 home)
Venue: Fifth Third Arena
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, February 09, 2013
||T Woodall 14
||T Zanna 9
||T Woodall 3
||S Kilpatrick 16
||T Rubles 8
||C Wright 2
On Saturday, February 9th, No. 23 Pittsburgh took on No. 17 Cincinnati and pulled off a stunner against the Bearcats 62-52 in Big East play. The Panthers now have a record of 2-3 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Steven Adams led the Panthers and put up 13 points and two rebounds. Talib Zanna had 11 points and added nine rebounds. For the Bearcats, Titus Rubles got eight points and eight rebounds. Pittsburgh (19-5, 7-4 Big East) goes to 24th-ranked Marquette (17-5, 8-2 Big East) on Saturday, February 16th.
Pittsburgh Game Notes
- The win over Cincinnati extended the Pittsburgh winning streak to three games.
- Pittsburgh beat the spread by 11.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Panthers have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, Pittsburgh played 47 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 24-23.
- The Panthers have won every game this season (6-0) after recording 18 or more free throws made.
- Pittsburgh has won every game this season (4-0) when its three-point percentage has been 50.0 percent or better.
- Pittsburgh has won every game this season (5-0) after committing seven or fewer turnovers.
- Pittsburgh has won every game this season (12-0) when opponents record 52 or fewer total points.
- This season Pittsburgh has won 92 percent of the time (11-1) when Talib Zanna has 11 points or more, 92 percent of the time (12-1) when Tray Woodall has four field goals made or more, and 100 percent of the time (7-0) when Lamar Patterson has six rebounds or more.
- This is the fourth win of the season where the Panthers came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Tray Woodall and Steven Adams) accounted for 43.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Talib Zanna and Lamar Patterson) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Tray Woodall has led the team in scoring in six out of 25 games this season.
- Talib Zanna has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 25 games this season.
- Tray Woodall has four straight double-digit point games.
Cincinnati Game Notes
- Sean Kilpatrick accounted for 30.7 percent of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (19) than the starters (nine).
- Sean Kilpatrick has led the team in scoring 15 times in 24 games this season.
- Titus Rubles has led the team in rebounding nine times in 24 games this season.
- Sean Kilpatrick has nine straight double-digit point games.