Fresno State 53
(8-14, 3-8 away)
San Diego State 75
(18-5, 12-2 home)
Venue: Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, February 09, 2013
|San Diego State
||T Johnson 14
||T Johnson 8
||M Harris 3
|San Diego State
||J Rahon 14
||L Franklin 11
||C Tapley 6
On a day when they shot just 29%, Fresno State lost big against San Diego State 75-53 in conference play. The Bulldogs are still looking for their first win over an AP-Ranked team this season (0-2). The Bulldogs got a game-high 14 points and eight rebounds from Tyler Johnson. Braeden Anderson had 12 points and added six rebounds. Xavier Thames finished with five points and four rebounds for the Aztecs. Fresno State (8-14, 2-7 MWC) hosts 15th-ranked New Mexico (20-3, 7-1 MWC) on Wednesday, February 13th.
Fresno State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 9:22 left to go.
- Fresno State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after committing nine or more turnovers.
- Fresno State has lost 89 percent of the time this season (1-8) after recording eight or fewer assists.
- The Bulldogs have lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after having a three-point percentage of 21.1 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 26 or more field goals made this season, Fresno State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.0 percent or better this season, Fresno State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 50.0 percent or better this season, Fresno State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- Fresno State has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (Tyler Johnson and Braeden Anderson) accounted for 49.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Tyler Johnson and Braeden Anderson) accounted for 42.4 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (32) than the starters (21).
- Tyler Johnson has led the team in scoring six times and in rebounding 6 times in 22 games this season.
- Tyler Johnson has seven straight double-digit point games.
San Diego State Game Notes
- James Rahon has led the team in scoring three times in 23 games this season.
- James Rahon has three straight double-digit point games.
- LaBradford Franklin recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- LaBradford Franklin recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
|D+||Jerry Brown Jr||13||0||1||1||3||0||3|
|B||Dwayne Polee II||10||8||1||0||0||0||0|