Fresno State 53
(8-14, 3-8 away)
San Diego State 75
(18-5, 12-2 home)
Venue: Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, February 09, 2013
|San Diego State
||T Johnson 14
||T Johnson 8
||M Harris 3
|San Diego State
||J Rahon 14
||L Franklin 11
||C Tapley 6
On Saturday, February 9th, San Diego State held Fresno State to just 29% from the floor and waxed the Bulldogs 75-53 in MWC play. The Aztecs now have a record of 1-1 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Aztecs were led by Xavier Thames, who got five points plus four rebounds. Skylar Spencer had six points and added six rebounds. Tyler Johnson finished with a game-high 14 points and eight rebounds for the Bulldogs. San Diego State (18-5, 6-3 MWC) takes on Colorado State (19-4, 6-2 MWC) on Wednesday, February 13th on the road.
San Diego State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 9:22 left to go.
- SDSU beat the spread by eight points. That makes the 10th time this season the Aztecs have beaten the spread.
- This was the seventh blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, SDSU has been on the winning end of 34 blowout games.
- San Diego State has won every game this season (8-0) when its field goal percentage has been 50.0 percent or better.
- The Aztecs have won every game this season (6-0) after recording eight or more three-pointers.
- San Diego State has won 86 percent of the time this season (12-2) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- SDSU has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 53 or fewer total points.
- SDSU has won every game this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 21.1 percent three-point percentage.
- This season San Diego State has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when James Rahon has 14 points or more.
- San Diego State has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past five games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--SDSU has a 16.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- James Rahon has led the team in scoring in three out of 23 games this season.
- James Rahon has three straight double-digit point games.
- LaBradford Franklin recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- LaBradford Franklin recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
Fresno State Game Notes
- This was the second blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Fresno State has been on the losing end of eight blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Tyler Johnson and Braeden Anderson) accounted for 49.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Tyler Johnson and Braeden Anderson) accounted for 42.4 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (32) than the starters (21).
- Tyler Johnson has led the team in scoring six times and in rebounding six times in 22 games this season.
- Tyler Johnson has seven straight double-digit point games.
|D+||Jerry Brown Jr||13||0||1||1||3||0||3|
|B||Dwayne Polee II||10||8||1||0||0||0||0|