South Dakota State 83
(19-7, 7-7 away)
(13-13, 9-1 home)
Venue: Athletics Center Arena
5:00PM ET / 2:00PM PT, February 09, 2013
|South Dakota State
|South Dakota State
||N Wolters 36
||J Dykstra 11
||N Wolters 7
||T Bader 31
||C Petros 11
||D Mondy 6
On Saturday, February 9th, South Dakota State dropped one to Oakland 88-83 in conference play. The Jackrabbits go to 1-1 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the loss. The Jackrabbits were led by Nate Wolters, who put up a remarkable 36 points and seven assists. Chad White was sharp from three-point range, going 5 for 12 to get to a season-high 21 points overall. For the Golden Grizzlies, Duke Mondy finished with 26 points and six rebounds (6 Ast 4 Stl). South Dakota State (19-7, 10-3 Summit League) gets IUPUI (5-20, 1-11 Summit League) on their home court on Thursday, February 14th.
South Dakota State Game Notes
- The last time SDSU started the season 19-7 was 2011.
- The Jackrabbits have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, South Dakota State is 18-31 in close games.
- The Jackrabbits have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past nine games.
- This is the third loss of the season where the Jackrabbits opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Nate Wolters accounted for 43.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jordan Dykstra and Tony Fiegen) accounted for 46.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Nate Wolters has led the team in scoring in 18 out of 26 games this season.
- Jordan Dykstra has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 26 games this season.
- This marks the 46th 20-point game of Nate Wolters's career.
- Nate Wolters has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Chad White's career.
- Chad White had a career high with five three-pointers.
- Jordan Dykstra recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
Oakland Game Notes
- The Golden Grizzlies won this one, but have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Oakland is 30-21 in close games.
- Travis Bader accounted for 35.2 percent of the team's points.
- Corey Petros accounted for 45.8 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Travis Bader has led the team in scoring 16 times in 26 games this season.
- Corey Petros has led the team in rebounding 17 times in 26 games this season.
- Drew Valentine has three straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 27th 20-point game of Travis Bader's career.
- Travis Bader has five straight 20+ point games.
- Corey Petros recorded the 20th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Duke Mondy's career.
- Duke Mondy has six straight double-digit point games.
- Duke Mondy set a career high with four three-pointers.