(16-8, 9-2 away)
Old Dominion 74
(3-21, 2-13 home)
Venue: Constant Convocation Center
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, February 09, 2013
||J Smith 27
||R Spencer 8
||J Lee 4
||D Batten 25
||D Painter 16
||A Bacote 5
Old Dominion lost in front of the home crowd against Northeastern 79-74 in overtime on an afternoon when they were outscored 24-3 by the Huskies from beyond the three-point line. DeShawn Painter secured a double-double in the loss with 15 points and 16 rebounds. Dimitri Batten also had a good outing, scoring a career-high 25 points and adding two rebounds. For the Huskies, Joel Smith finished with a game-high 27 points and five rebounds. Next up for Old Dominion (3-21, 1-11 CAA) is Delaware (12-12, 7-4 CAA) on Monday, February 11th on the road.
Old Dominion Game Notes
- Old Dominion has played in one overtime game this season. Over the last five seasons, the Monarchs have played in 12 overtime games with a record of 7-5.
- The Monarchs have been unlucky eight times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Old Dominion is 32-24 in close games.
- Old Dominion has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-8) after recording 11 or fewer free throws made.
- The Monarchs have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after having a three-point percentage of 3.8 percent or worse.
- Old Dominion has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-6) after committing 16 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 79 or more total points this season, Old Dominion has lost 100 percent of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition records 16 or more assists this season, Old Dominion has lost 100 percent of the time (0-9).
- When the opposition commits 16 or fewer turnovers this season, Old Dominion has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- The Monarchs set season highs for field goals made (31) and rebounds (48).
- The last time ODU recorded at least 31 field goals made was Mar 03, 2012 against Delaware.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--ODU has a -6.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- DeShawn Painter recorded a team season high in rebounds with 16.
- Dimitri Batten tallied a team season high in three pointers attempted with 10.
- Dimitri Batten accounted for 33.7 percent of the team's points.
- DeShawn Painter accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Dimitri Batten has led the team in scoring in six out of 24 games this season.
- DeShawn Painter has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 24 games this season.
- DeShawn Painter recorded the 12th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- DeShawn Painter has five straight double-digit point games.
- DeShawn Painter recorded a double-double. It was his seventh this season and ninth of his career.
- DeShawn Painter had career highs with 16 rebounds and eight offensive rebounds.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Dimitri Batten's career.
- Dimitri Batten had career highs with 25 points and nine field goals made.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Richard Ross.
Northeastern Game Notes
- The Huskies won this one, but have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Northeastern is 42-35 in close games.
- Joel Smith recorded a team season high in free throws made with 12 and free throws attempted with 13.
- Joel Smith accounted for 34.1 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Quincy Ford and Reggie Spencer) accounted for 45.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Joel Smith has led the team in scoring 14 times in 24 games this season.
- Quincy Ford has led the team in rebounding nine times in 24 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Joel Smith's career.
- Joel Smith has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Joel Smith set a career high with 12 free throws made.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Reggie Spencer.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Demetrius Pollard.