(3-21, 2-15 away)
Sam Houston State 78
(13-10, 8-4 home)
Venue: Johnson Coliseum
4:45PM ET / 1:45PM PT, February 09, 2013
|Sam Houston State
||H Webb 11
||S Brown 9
||D Minor 4
|Sam Houston State
||W Bond 12
||T Motley 11
||P Baxter 7
Lamar was blown out by Sam Houston State 78-40 in conference play in a game where they were outshot 54%-30% by the Bearkats. The Cardinals are now 0-2 against Sam Houston State this season. The Cardinals were led by Hondo Webb, who put up a season-high 11 points and six rebounds. Stanford Brown had eight points and added nine rebounds. For the Bearkats, Darius Gatson got 10 points and three rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast). Lamar (3-21, 1-11 SLC) gets McNeese State (9-12, 3-8 SLC) on their home court on Saturday, February 16th.
Lamar Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 10:30 left to go.
- Lamar has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-7) after recording zero or fewer three-pointers.
- The Cardinals have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-7) after having a three-point percentage of 0.0 percent or worse.
- Lamar has lost 92 percent of the time this season (1-11) after committing 20 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records eight or more three-pointers this season, Lamar has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records 37 or more rebounds this season, Lamar has lost 100 percent of the time (0-14).
- When the opposition commits 11 or fewer turnovers this season, Lamar has lost 92 percent of the time (1-12).
- Lamar set season lows for field goals made (13), field goal percentage (30.2), three-pointers (zero), and three-point percentage (0.0).
- The Cardinals have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past nine games.
- Lamar has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past nine games.
- The top two scorers (Amos Wilson and Hondo Webb) accounted for 55.0 percent of the points.
- Stanford Brown accounted for 32.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Amos Wilson has led the team in scoring in five out of 24 games this season.
- Stanford Brown has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 24 games this season.
Sam Houston State Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (Terrance Motley and Jeremy McKay) accounted for 43.2 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (43) than the starters (35).
- Terrance Motley has led the team in rebounding eight times in 23 games this season.
- Terrance Motley recorded the third double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Terrance Motley recorded a double-double. It was the third of his career.