Mississippi State 58
(7-15, 1-9 away)
(2) Florida 83
(19-3, 13-0 home)
Venue: O'Connell Center
5:00PM ET / 2:00PM PT, February 09, 2013
||G Ware 16
||C Sword 8
||C Sword 5
||M Rosario 18
||P Young 7
||S Wilbekin 7
On an afternoon when they had 16 turnovers, Mississippi State was destroyed by No. 2 Florida 83-58 in conference play. This one was over at the half, with Florida up 42-26. The Bulldogs remain winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-3 for the season. The Bulldogs got a team-high 16 points and six rebounds from Gavin Ware. Craig Sword had seven points and added eight rebounds. For the Gators, Erik Murphy finished with 17 points and five rebounds. This makes three losses in a row for the Bulldogs. Next up for Mississippi State (7-15, 2-8 SEC) is 21st-ranked Missouri (17-6, 6-4 SEC) on Wednesday, February 13th at home.
Mississippi State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:51 left to go.
- MState beat the spread by three points. That makes the 7th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, MState played 23 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 7-16.
- Mississippi State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording four or fewer steals.
- Mississippi State has lost 78 percent of the time this season (2-7) after committing 16 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 83 or more total points this season, Mississippi State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 31 or more field goals made this season, Mississippi State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 53.4 percent or better this season, Mississippi State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- MState set season lows for blocks (one) and free throws made (six).
- Mississippi State has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Gavin Ware and Colin Borchert) accounted for 51.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Craig Sword and Gavin Ware) accounted for 45.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Gavin Ware has led the team in scoring in four out of 22 games this season.
Florida Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Mike Rosario and Erik Murphy) accounted for 42.1 percent of the points.
- Mike Rosario has led the team in scoring nine times in 22 games this season.
- Patric Young has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 22 games this season.
- Mike Rosario has four straight double-digit point games.
|A||M. Frazier II||24||11||6||3||1||0||1|