(9-14, 1-7 away)
(17-6, 13-2 home)
Venue: Rupp Arena
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, February 09, 2013
||C Denson 15
||F Sullivan 7
||J Wallace 4
||K Wiltjer 14
||N Noel 12
||K Wiltjer 2
On Saturday, February 9th, Kentucky took on Auburn and beat the Tigers 72-62 in SEC play. With the win, the Wildcats move to 1-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Wildcats were led by Willie Cauley-Stein, who put up 12 points plus four rebounds. Nerlens Noel played his way to a double-double with 10 points and 12 rebounds. For the Tigers, Chris Denson finished with a game-high 15 points and four rebounds. Next up for Kentucky (17-6, 8-2 SEC) is second-ranked Florida (19-3, 9-1 SEC) on Tuesday, February 12th on the road.
Kentucky Game Notes
- Kentucky started 17-6 during the 2010, 2001, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Auburn extended the Kentucky winning streak to five games.
- Kentucky has won every game this season (5-0) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- The Wildcats have won 83 percent of the time this season (10-2) after recording six or more three-pointers.
- UK has won every game this season (7-0) when opponents record 29 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Kentucky has won 79 percent of the time (11-3) when Nerlens Noel has 10 points or more, 83 percent of the time (10-2) when Kyle Wiltjer has four field goals made or more, and 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Julius Mays has four free throws made or more.
- The Wildcats have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past eight games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--UK has a 21.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Nerlens Noel accounted for 34.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Kyle Wiltjer has led the team in scoring in nine out of 23 games this season.
- Nerlens Noel has led the team in rebounding in 18 out of 23 games this season.
- Julius Mays has three straight double-digit point games.
- Nerlens Noel recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Nerlens Noel has three straight double-digit point games.
- Nerlens Noel recorded a double-double. It was the fifth of his career.
Auburn Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Chris Denson and Noel Johnson) accounted for 43.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Frankie Sullivan and Shaquille Johnson) accounted for 41.3 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (15) than the starters (12).
- The bench recorded more points (39) than the starters (23).
- Chris Denson has led the team in scoring four times in 23 games this season.
- Frankie Sullivan has led the team in rebounding four times in 23 games this season.
- Noel Johnson set a career high with four three-pointers.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Rob Chubb.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Asauhn Dixon-Tatum.