Memphis won on the road against Southern Miss 89-76 in conference play on Saturday, February 9th. The Tigers were led by Geron Johnson, who put up a season-high 25 points plus eight rebounds (7 Ast 4 Stl). Chris Crawford had 16 points and added six assists. For the Golden Eagles, Dwayne Davis finished with a team-high 25 points and five rebounds. This makes three wins in a row for the Tigers. Next up for Memphis (20-3, 9-0 C-USA) is UCF (17-6, 7-2 C-USA) on Wednesday, February 13th at home.
Memphis Game Notes
- Memphis started 20-3 during the 2008 and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Southern Miss extended the Memphis winning streak to 14 games.
- Memphis beat the spread by 15 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Tigers have beaten the spread.
- Memphis has won every game this season (5-0) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- The Tigers have won 92 percent of the time this season (11-1) after recording seven or more blocks.
- Memphis has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record five or fewer steals.
- This season Memphis has won 82 percent of the time (9-2) when Adonis Thomas has 11 points or more and 100 percent of the time (8-0) when Joe Jackson plays 36 minutes or more.
- The Tigers set a season high for assists (27).
- The last time Memphis recorded at least 27 assists was Nov 23, 2010 against Tennessee-Martin.
- The Tigers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Geron Johnson and Chris Crawford) accounted for 46.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Geron Johnson and Adonis Thomas) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Geron Johnson has led the team in scoring in four out of 23 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Geron Johnson's career.
Southern Miss Game Notes
- Dwayne Davis accounted for 32.8 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jonathan Mills and Daveon Boardingham) accounted for 44.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Dwayne Davis has led the team in scoring five times in 24 games this season.
- Jonathan Mills has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 24 games this season.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Dwayne Davis's career.
- Dwayne Davis has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Dwayne Davis.
- Jonathan Mills recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.