Southern Miss faced off with Memphis on Saturday, February 9th and was beaten at home by the Tigers 89-76 in conference play. The Golden Eagles got a team-high 25 points and five rebounds from Dwayne Davis. Daveon Boardingham had 14 points and added six rebounds. Geron Johnson got a season-high 25 points and eight rebounds (7 Ast 4 Stl) for the Tigers. Southern Miss (18-6, 7-2 C-USA) gets Tulane (16-8, 4-5 C-USA) on their home court on Wednesday, February 13th.
Southern Miss Game Notes
- The last time USM started the season 18-6 was 2010.
- When the opposition records seven or more blocks this season, Southern Miss has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- The Golden Eagles have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past five games.
- Southern Miss has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the ninth game at home this season--USM has a 29.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Dwayne Davis accounted for 32.8 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jonathan Mills and Daveon Boardingham) accounted for 44.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Dwayne Davis has led the team in scoring in five out of 24 games this season.
- Jonathan Mills has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 24 games this season.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Dwayne Davis's career.
- Dwayne Davis has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Dwayne Davis.
- Jonathan Mills recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
Memphis Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Geron Johnson and Chris Crawford) accounted for 46.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Geron Johnson and Adonis Thomas) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Geron Johnson has led the team in scoring four times in 23 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Geron Johnson's career.