Northwestern faced off with Iowa on Saturday, February 9th and was edged by the Hawkeyes 71-57 in conference play. With the loss, the Wildcats drop to 2-4 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Wildcats got six points and four rebounds from Alex Olah. Reggie Hearn had 13 points and added six rebounds. For the Hawkeyes, Roy Devyn Marble finished with a game-high 21 points and five rebounds. Next up for Northwestern (13-11, 4-7 Big Ten) is 10th-ranked Ohio State (17-5, 7-3 Big Ten) on Thursday, February 14th on the road.
Northwestern Game Notes
- The Wildcats have lost 86 percent of the time this season (1-6) after having a field goal percentage of 35.1 percent or worse.
- Northwestern has lost 78 percent of the time this season (2-7) after recording 57 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 71 or more total points this season, Northwestern has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.0 percent or better this season, Northwestern has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 19 or more free throws made this season, Northwestern has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- NU set a season low for blocks (zero).
- Northwestern has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 11 games.
- The top two rebounders (Jared Swopshire and Reggie Hearn) accounted for 41.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Reggie Hearn has led the team in scoring in nine out of 24 games this season.
- Jared Swopshire has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 24 games this season.
Iowa Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Roy Devyn Marble and Josh Oglesby) accounted for 43.6 percent of the points.
- Roy Devyn Marble has led the team in scoring six times in 24 games this season.
- Aaron White has led the team in rebounding eight times in 24 games this season.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Roy Devyn Marble's career.